- Physician market remains in moderate expansion mode with the index at 33.9 in Q4, a slight increase over 29.9 in Q3.
- Northcentral and Northeast were the only two regions to experience contraction in Q4, with a drop of -0.5 and -3.5 points respectively. Four regions saw expansion, with Northwest and Southwest contributing the most to national gains.
- Throughout 2016, index expansion at offices with 6 or more physicians outpaced that of smaller offices.
- The goal is to provide a snapshot expansion/contraction index on physician office medical product usage.
- Responses are scored for the index according to unique formula which ranks measures based on their influence on medical product usage.
- The Q4 survey began fielding 1/3/2017 and closed 1/12/2017.
- The Q4 2016 Physician Market Pulse received 154 responses, 43% also responded in Q3. Q3 received 149 responses.
- Average Physician Staff Size for this Survey is 5.