The Environmental Auditing: Federal Air Quality MACT Standards for Organic Chemical Manufacturing provides environmental audit checklists for several air quality management rules found in 40 CFR Part 63 and specific to:
- Chemical manufacturing process units (CMPU)
- Chemical preparations manufacturing operations
- Organic liquids distribution (OLD) (non-gasoline) operations
- Ethylene manufacturing process units, (heat exchange systems and waste operations)
- Hazardous air pollutants (NESHAP) for miscellaneous organic chemical manufacturing operations.
For the Subparts of 40 CFR Part 63 currently covered in this guide see Topics below.
This Air Quality MACT Standards for Organic Chemical Manufacturing publication is offered in conjunction with Environmental Auditing: Federal Compliance Guide. The Air Quality Management module in this Federal Guide covers air quality regulations that apply broadly to a variety of industrial operations. This Air Quality MACT for Organic Chemical Manufacturing publication includes additional requirements that specifically apply to organic chemical manufacturing operations and is intended to complement the general Air Quality Management module of the Federal Guide.
The Environmental Auditing: Federal Compliance Guide is also complemented by the full range of 50 Environmental State Difference Summaries and Checklists for 49 states, and Puerto Rico. California is available separately.
These guides are indispensable resources for environmental and occupational health and safety professionals, attorneys, and corporate counsel.
- Easy to use and field-tested by recognized experts in environmental auditing
- Assists facilities in the demonstration of due diligence and risk mitigation
- Allows organizations to add company- and site-specific requirements
- Includes procedural checklists to support good management practices
- Enables experienced auditors to expedite an inquiry, and less experienced auditors to review the detailed guide notes as required
Environmental Auditing: Federal Air Quality MACT Standards for Organic Chemical Manufacturing currently covers the following Federal MACT standards:
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart YY – Generic MACT Standards
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart EEEE – Organic Liquid Distribution Non Gasoline
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart FFFF – Miscellaneous Organic Chemical Manufacturing
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart VVVVVV – Chemical Manufacturing at Area Sources
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart XX – Ethylene Manufacturing Process Units (Heat exchange systems and Waste Operations)
- 40 CFR 63 Subpart BBBBBBB – Chemical Preparations Manufacturing at Area Sources
Other potentially applicable requirements found in 40 CFR Parts 60 and 63 may be added to this module in the future.
Environmental Auditing: Federal Compliance Guide covers Federal Air Quality requirements and other topics.
Applicability Tables facilitate quick and easy determination of which regulations and sections of the environmental audit checklists apply to specific facility operations
Lists materials to be reviewed before conducting an audit
Provides comprehensive, detailed requirement statements, with guidance on compliance issues and inspection procedures and practices
Enables quick recording of a facility’s compliance status for each requirement. Additional features include customizable scoresheets in Microsoft Word® and Excel®.
Part A: 40 CFR 63 Subpart YY — Generic MACT Standards
Part B: 40 CFR 63 Subpart EEEE — MACT Standards for Organic Liquids Distribution Non Gasoline
Part C: 40 CFR 63 Subpart FFFF — MACT Standards for Miscellaneous Organic Chemical Manufacturing
Part D: 40 CFR 63 Subpart VVVVVV — MACT Standards for Chemical Manufacturing at Area Sources
Part E: 40 CFR 63 Subpart XX — MACT Standards for Ethylene Manufacturing Process Units (Heat Exchange Systems and Waste Operations)
Part F: 40 CFR 63 Subpart BBBBBBB — MACT Standards for Chemical