Busier lifestyles and changing eating patterns boost the consumption of Prepared Meals, as consumers increasingly feel pressed for time to cook food from scratch. Additionally, a growing number of women entering the workforce also also result in greater demand for convenient and ready to eat products that help them save time and effort in cooking. The Global Prepared Meals market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% in value terms during 2015-2020; with 2015 market valuation standing at US$80.4 billion.
Rising disposable incomes and changing eating patterns in Latin America and Middle East & Africa regions due to urbanization will boost the consumer desire for having restaurant style gourmet food at home. Whilst time scarcity and lack of cooking skills among the young population in developing countries such as China and India; will continue to fuel the demand for quick (Ready Meals) and easy to prepare (Meal Kits) Prepared Meals.
Although the Prepared Meals market is largely driven by convenience, many consumers, especially in developing countries, perceive frozen and chilled categories to be unhealthy as they contain preservatives and fewer vegetables than home cooked meals. This has been pushing manufacturers to invest on marketing campaigns to educate consumers about recent developments in the market with new product launches featuring natural and organic ingredients as well as “free from” labels.
The global Prepared Meals market is highly fragmented with the top five brands holding less than 11% of the combined market share in 2015. Stouffer's, Heinz, Amy's, Marumiya, and DiGiorno are the leading brands in the global Prepared Meals market. Switzerland based Nestlé owns two of the global top five brands.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global Prepared Meals market. It includes an analysis on global Prepared Meals market (Pizza, Ready Meals and Meal Kits) with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report also identifies high potential countries across regions that have been identified by creating a score card with multiple parameters.
The report draws on the market data by analyzing key distribution channels for the global Prepared Meals market. Market data is also used for studying the level of competition in the market by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on market share of private label products. The report also includes recommendations for manufacturers and a section on interesting case examples/ success stories of products launched in the global Prepared Meals market in the recent years
Market data coverage: The overall market value data included in the report is for the period 2010-2020.
Category coverage: This report provides information on three categories including Pizza, Ready Meals and Meal Kits.
More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers.
Time period: The report provides overall market value data, including category level data for the period 2010-2020. Distribution channel data for 2010 – 2015 and brand share data is included for the year 2015.
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
- Current market scenario and future outlook
- Global Prepared Meals market overview - what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
- Regional Prepared Meals market overview - what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
- Key challenges in the global Prepared Meals market
3. Changes in Prepared Meals Food consumption patterns
- Shift in food consumption patterns in developing and emerging markets
- Shift in consumption of Prepared Meals, Savory Snacks, Dairy & Soy Food, Confectionery, and Bakery & Cereals, 2010 - 2020 (global and regional analysis)
4. Identifying high potential countries
- Analysis of 50 countries on the basis of Market Assessment, Economic Development, Socio-demographic, Governance
Indicators, and Technological infrastructure
5. Country Analysis
- Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
6. Case Examples/Success Stories
7. Competitive Landscape
- Overview of leading brands globally
- Overview of leading brands at a regional level with market share
8. Key Distribution Channels
- Market share of key distribution channels - global and regional level
9. Preferred Packaging Formats
- Analysis on usage of key packaging material, closure, outer, and type for all Prepared Meals categories
- Recommendations for manufacturers on key Prepared Meals categories - Pizza, Ready Meals and Meal Kits
- Amy's Kitchen
- BRF S.A.
- Continental Foods Germany GmbH
- Dr. Oetker
- FROSTA AG
- Fry's Family Foods
- Hortex Holding S.A.
- Kachestvennye Produkty ZAO
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- Lean Cuisine
- Mareven Food Central
- McCain Foods Limited
- Nomad Foods Europe Ltd.
- Pakco (Pty) Ltd
- Seara Alimentos
- Tiger Foods Limited