The global economy remained sluggish in 2016, mainly due to the political uncertainties, weak oil prices, and aging societies in developed countries. While some growth was seen in emerging markets such as China and India, the lack of consumer confidence in major economies still had its toll on smartphone shipments, which are expected to have totaled around 1.48 billion units in 2016, staying flat year on year. This report provides an overview of the worldwide smartphone industry in 2016 and lists the industry's 10 major emerging technology applications for 2017.
List of Topics
- Overview of the global smartphone market, including shipment volume, ASP, market share by vendor, and major product trends
- Major vendors' development highlights, including Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, and Google
- Outlook for the smartphone industry's important technology applications, including biometric recognition, artificial intelligence virtual assistant, and so on.
1. Worldwide Smartphone Market Dynamics
2. Development Highlights of Major Vendors
3. Outlook for Emerging Technology Applications