Hydrogen Economy: Supply Chain, Life Cycle Analysis and Energy Transition for Sustainability explores the challenges for the transition into a sustainable hydrogen economy. In this book, experts from various academic backgrounds discuss the tools and methodologies for the analysis, planning, design and optimization of hydrogen supply chains. They examine the available technologies for hydrogen production, storage, transport, distribution and energy conversion, providing a cross cutting perspective on their sustainability.
Environmental, social and economic aspects are considered, allowing for a more complete life cycle assessment of the entire supply chain. Methods and frameworks for multi-criteria decision making for the sustainable implementation of hydrogen systems are also covered. Providing a broad overview of the subject and well-recognized tools to manage hydrogen sustainability, this book is a useful resource for engineering researchers and PhD students in energy, environmental and industrial areas, energy economy researchers, practicing hydrogen energy engineers and technicians, energy and environmental consultants, life cycle assessment practitioners and consultants.
- Provides a broad perspective of the issues related to environmental, social and economic sustainability of hydrogen energy and its future perspectives
- Presents the current applied research and available tools for managing and assessing hydrogen energy sustainability, such as LCA, optimization, multi-criteria decision making and supply chain optimization
- Explores how experts in the field handle all issues related to the application of life cycle assessment for hydrogen production, storage, transport, distribution and end use
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Jingzheng Ren, Suzhao Gao, Hanwei Liang, Shiyu Tan and Lichun Dong
2. Introduction of Hydrogen Routines
Di Xu, Lichun Dong and Jingzheng Ren
3. Critical Factors and Cause_Effect Analysis for Enhancing the Sustainability of Hydrogen Supply Chain
Alessandro Manzardo, Jingzheng Ren, Sara Toniolo and Antonio Scipioni
4. Design and Optimization of Hydrogen Supply Chains for a Sustainable Future
Sofía De-León Almaraz and Catherine Azzaro-Pantel
5. Life Cycle Cost Analysis of Hydrogen Energy Technologies
Antonella Petrillo, Fabio De Felice, Elio Jannelli and Mariagiovanna Minutillo
6. Life Cycle Assessment of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells and Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells: A Review
Sonia Longo, Maurizio Cellura, Francesco Guarino, Marco Ferraro, Vincenzo Antonucci and Gaetano Squadrito
7. Social Life Cycle Assessment of Hydrogen Energy Technologies
Rosana Adami Mattioda, Pâmela Teixeira Fernandes, JosLuiz Casela and Osiris Canciglieri Junior
8. Comparison of Different Multicriteria Decision-Making Methodologies for Sustainability Decision Making
Hanwei Liang, Jingzheng Ren, Suzhao Gao, Liang Dong and Zhiqiu Gao
9. Sustainability Decision Support Framework for the Prioritization of Hydrogen Energy Systems
Jingzheng Ren, Di Xu, Huan Cao, Shun'an Wei, Lichun Dong and Michael E. Goodsite
10. Opportunities and Future Challenges in Hydrogen Economy for Sustainable Development
Yi Dou, Lu Sun, Jingzheng Ren and Liang Dong
Antonio Scipioni, University of Padova. Professor at the Industrial Engineering Department. He is the Director of CESQA, a leading research group with outstanding research results in the field of environmental and energy management. He is the member of the national committee on environment that approve standards on environmental management issues. He has managed as scientific director several European funded projects for the University of Padova with partners from all over Europe and with a specific focus on Energy issues and sustainability.
Alessandro Manzardo, University of Padova. Senior associate researcher in the field of footprint and sustainability assessment. He is the chair of the Italian committee at the ISO/TC 207 committee on ISO standards related to environment. He is active member in several UNEP-Life Cycle Initiative processes on the definition of Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability methods (e.g. Footprints). He has scored several papers on energy related topics with specific focus on Hydrogen Energy.
Jingzheng Ren is Assistant Professor of Modelling for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability, in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and an Honorary Associate Professor of Engineering Operations Management, University of Southern Denmark. His research focuses on process system engineering, sustainability-oriented decision-making and waste management. He serves as the Editor of Sustainable Production and Consumption (Elsevier), Associate Editor of Environment, Development and Sustainability (Springer), Associate Editor of the Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy (AIP), and Associate Editor of Renewable Energy & Sustainable Development (Elsevier). He has also served as Guest Editor of several leading Journals. He has published 5 edited books with Elsevier, 27 book chapters, 12 conference papers and 131 journal papers. Seven of his papers were ESI top 1% highly cited papers and one paper was awarded 2nd place in the 2018 Best Paper Award in Sustainable Production and Consumption (Elsevier).