Plant Design and Operations, Second Edition, explores design and operational considerations for oil and gas facilities, covering all stages of the plant cycle, with an emphasis on safety and risk. The oil and gas industry is constantly looking for cost optimization strategies, requiring plant-based personnel to expand their knowledge base outside their discipline or subject. Relevant reference materials are scattered throughout various official standards, while staff lack the immediate hands-on knowledge to safely facilitate the full operational life cycle of the plant.
This second edition is a complete source of solutions for major process projects including offshore facilities, chemical plants, oil refineries, and pipelines. This single reference provides insight for safer operations and maintenance best practices. It has been updated with more focus on safety in design and operations, standards, and compliance, and more detailed information on equipment and system/component design.
- Explores design and operational considerations for oil and gas facilities, covering all stages of the plant cycle, with an emphasis on safety and risk
- Includes updated new chapters covering principles of design, security regulations, and human factors
- Includes more relevant equipment information covering storage tanks, valves, and control systems
- Remains the only source to provide hands-on solutions for process plants in the refining and chemical industries
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Safety in Design 2. Siting and Layout 3. Equipment and Buildings 4. Piping 5. Valves 6. Instrumentation and Control Systems 7. Transportation 8. Operations 9. Maintenance 10. Inspection 11. Firefighting 12. Occupational Safety 13. Energy Control Procedures 14. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) 15. Health and Industrial Hygiene 16. Human Factors and Ergonomics 17. Chemicals 18. Industries 19. Common Hazards 20. Security
Ian Sutton is a chemical engineer with over thirty years of experience in the process industries. He has worked on the design and operation of chemical plants, offshore platforms, refineries, pipelines and mineral processing facilities. He has extensive experience in the development and implementation of process safety management and operational excellence programs. He has published multiple books including Process Risk and Reliability Management, 2nd Edition and Offshore Safety Management, 2nd Edition, both published by Elsevier.