UK Proton Therapy Market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 82% in future. United Kingdom Proton Therapy Market is expected to grow 10 times from its current market in 2016. Currently UK has only one Proton Therapy facility, at Clatterbridge cancer center and it’s a ‘low-energy’ machine, only suitable for treating people with rare eye cancers. Treating more complex cancers requires a ‘high-energy’ beam, so the NHS covers the cost of sending patients for treatment overseas (in the US or Switzerland) when there’s clear evidence that proton beam therapy is the best option. However this scenario is expected to make a drastic change in the next few years as United Kingdom will have at least 6 Proton Therapy Centers.
The report provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth of Proton Therapy Market. In this report we have studied the market in two parts a) Actual Market and b) Untapped Market.
The report also talks about list of all Operational and about to be opened Proton Therapy Facility; Proton Therapy Reimbursement Policies in United Kingdom. Proton Therapy revenues from 3 companies (IBA, Varian Medical Systems, Elekta) has also been studied in the report.
a) Actual Market is the current market which is already present
b) Untapped Market is the market which can be achieved; but it has yet not been achieved due to demand and supply gap. At present only a few proton therapy centers are available that can treat a limited number of patients each year.
United Kingdom Proton Therapy Market has been Analyzed from Four View Points:
- UK Proton Therapy Actual Market & Forecast (2009 - 2021)
- UK Proton Therapy Untapped Market & Forecast (2009 - 2021)
- UK Proton Therapy Treated Patient Numbers & Forecast (2009 - 2021)
- UK Proton Therapy Untapped Patient Numbers & Forecast (2009 - 2021)
Key Companies Covered:
- IBA (Overview, Sales Analysis)
- Varian Medical Systems (Overview, Sales Analysis)
- Elekta (Overview, Sales Analysis)
Key Questions Answered in the Report:
- What is the Proton Therapy Market in United Kingdom & its growth potential in Future?
- What is the untapped market in United Kingdom Proton Therapy and its Future?
- How many Proton Therapy Facilities are operating in United Kingdom?
- How many Proton Therapy Facilities are going to open in near Future?
- What is the number of people being treated in these Proton Therapy Centers yearly?
- Is Proton Therapy Treatment being covered in the Reimbursement policy of United Kingdom?
- What are the sales of Proton Therapy Companies Globally (IBA, Varian, Elekta)?
Note: This report offers 10% free customization.
1. Executive Summary
2. United Kingdom Proton Therapy Market - Actual & Untapped Market
2.1 United Kingdom - Proton Therapy Market
2.2 United Kingdom - Untapped Proton Therapy Market
3. United Kingdom Proton Therapy Patient Number - Actual and Untapped
3.1 United Kingdom - Patients Treated with Proton Therapy Actual Numbers & Forecast
3.2 United Kingdom - Patients with Proton Therapy Untapped Numbers & Forecast
4. United Kingdom - List of Proton Therapy Centers
5. United Kingdom - Proton Therapy Treated Patients by Centers
5.1 Clatterbridge Proton Therapy Center
6. Proton Therapy - Reimbursement Policies
6.1 Proton Therapy Reimbursement Policies for Patients
6.2 Proton Therapy Reimbursement for Institutions, Stakeholders and Manufacturers
7. Components of a Standard Proton Therapy Center
7.1 Proton Accelerator
7.1.1 Synchrotrons (example: LLUMC at Loma Linda)
7.1.2 Cyclotrons (example: MGH Boston)
7.1.3 Synchrocyclotrons (examples: Orsay, Uppsala)
7.1.4 Linacs (Rome)
7.1.5 H-minus Synchrotrons
7.1.6 Separated Sector Cyclotrons
7.1.7 Super-conducting Cyclotrons
7.1.8 Fast Cycling Synchrotron
7.2 Beam Transport System
7.3 Beam Delivery System
7.3.1 The Passive Scattering Technique
7.3.2 Beam Scanning
7.4.1 Single Scattering
7.4.2 Double Scattering
7.4.3 Uniform Scanning Nozzle
7.4.4 Pencil Scanning Nozzle
7.5 Treatment Planning System
7.6 Image Viewers
7.7 Patient Positioning System (PPS)
7.8 Human Resource
8. Global Proton Therapy - Company Analysis (2010-2021)
8.1 IBA Proton Therapy
8.1.2 Sales Analysis
8.2 Varian Medical Systems
8.2.2 Sales Analysis
8.3.2 Sales Analysis
9. Proton Therapy - Driving Factors
9.1 Technology Advancement
9.2 Growing Incidence of Cancer Patients in United Kingdom
10. Proton Therapy - Challenges
10.1 Requires Huge Investment
10.2 Operations Challenges
List of Figures
Figure 1 1: United Kingdom - Proton Therapy Market (Million US$), 2009 - 2016
Figure 1 2: United Kingdom - Forecast for Proton Therapy Market (Million US$), 2017 - 2021
Figure 1 3: United Kingdom - Potential Proton Therapy Market (Million US$), 2009 - 2016
Figure 1 4: United Kingdom - Forecast for Potential Proton Therapy Market (Million US$), 2017 - 2021
Figure 2 1: United Kingdom - Patient Treated with Proton Therapy (Number), 2009 - 2016
Figure 2 2: United Kingdom - Patient Treated with Proton Therapy (Number), 2017 - 2021
Figure 2 3: United Kingdom - Potential Patient for Proton Therapy (Number), 2009 - 2016
Figure 2 4: United Kingdom - Forecast for Potential Patient for Proton Therapy (Number), 2007 - 2021
Figure 7 1: Global - IBA Proton Therapy Sales (Million US$), 2010 - 2016
Figure 7 2: Global - Forecast for IBA Proton Therapy Sales (Million US$), 2017 - 2021
Figure 7 3: Global - Varian Medical Systems Oncology Systems Sales (Million US$), 2010 - 2016
Figure 7 4: Global - Forecast for Varian Medical Systems Oncology Systems Sales (Million US$), 2017 - 2021
Figure 7 5: Global - Elekta Radiation Technology Sales (Million US$), 2010 - 2016
Figure 7 6: Global - Forecast for Elekta Radiation Technology Sales (Million US$), 2017 - 2021
Figure 8 1: United Kingdom - Number of Patient Diagnosed With Cancer (Thousand), 2009 - 2016
Figure 8 2: United Kingdom - Forecast for Number of Patient Diagnosed With Cancer (Thousand), 2017 - 2021
List of Tables
Table 3 1: United Kingdom - Proton Therapy Facilities in Operation and in Development Phase
Table 4 1: United Kingdom - Clatterbridge Proton Therapy Center with Patients Treated (Number), 2008 - 2015
In this report, for analyzing the future trends for the studied market during the forecast period, the publisher has incorporated rigorous statistical and econometric methods, further scrutinized by secondary, primary sources and by in-house experts, supported through their extensive data intelligence repository. The market is studied holistically from both demand and supply-side perspectives. This is carried out to analyze both end-user and producer behavior patterns, in the review period, which affects price, demand and consumption trends. As the study demands to analyze the long-term nature of the market, the identification of factors influencing the market is based on the fundamentality of the study market.
Through secondary and primary researches, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence, are identified and are transformed to quantitative data through data extraction, and further applied for inferential purposes. The publisher's in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of their recommendations and advice.
The primary purpose of this phase is to extract qualitative information regarding the market from the key industry leaders. The primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions. The publisher also established professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling the following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develop the analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth, and forecast
The researcher's primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of the most experienced industry members. These participants include, however, are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to the industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investment, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
The publisher refers to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically includes, however, is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, webcasts, and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts