Fuel Cards in Europe, Northern Markets 2016 is invaluable for issuers of fleet cards, fuel retailers, fleet leasing companies and other suppliers to the sector. Based on research with issuers and fuel retailers it provides commercial (B2B) fuel card volume (split by fleet and CRT), value and market share forecasts to 2021, key data on independent and oil company card issuers and an analysis of fuel card competition in Northern Europe.
- Foreign fleets will make up 10.3% of fuel card volumes sold in Northern Europe in 2021, as Central and Eastern European commercial fleets undercut and take business from domestic operators. The total number of service stations in Denmark declined by 0.3% in 2015 totaling 2,000 service stations. Over 9,000 new fuel cards in Finland will be issued between 2016 and 2021, totaling 910,952 cards in the market.
- Total fleet card volumes in Norway remained stable in 2015 to total 634.4m litres after rising 3.0% in 2014. OKQ8 is the dominant fuel card market leader accounting for 28.8% in 2015, as clients were drawn to its large card acceptance network which covers 25.9% of sites in Sweden
Foreign fleets will make up 10.3% of fuel card volumes sold in Northern Europe in 2021, as Central and Eastern European commercial fleets undercut and take business from domestic operators.
Reasons to Buy
- Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering current and future volumes and values of the Northern European fuel card markets. Assess whether you should increase network acceptance of your card and identify potential new merchants by uncovering the position of competitors.
- Whether you are an issuer, a processor, a leasing company or a fuel retailer, make informed pitches to partners by understanding their business.
- Enhance fuel sales at your service stations by identifying which fuel cards you should accept based on their market shares and network acceptance.