Fuel Cards in Denmark 2016 is invaluable for issuers of fleet cards, fuel retailers, fleet leasing companies and other suppliers to the sector. Based on research with issuers and fuel retailers it provides commercial (B2B) fuel card volume (split by fleet and CRT), value and market share forecasts to 2021, key data on independent and oil company card issuers and an analysis of fuel card competition in Denmark.
- The total number of service stations in Denmark declined by 0.3% in 2015 totaling 2,000 service stations. Over 14,000 new fuel cards will be issued between 2016 and 2021, totaling to 663,041 cards in the market. Total fleet card volumes rose by 2.3% in 2015 to total 732m litres continuing the upward trend started in 2013.
- The top five fuel card operators made up 90.2% of fuel card volumes in 2015 as they all offer large card acceptance networks and services such as online monitoring and toll payments.
Over 4,093 new fuel cards were issued in 2015, totaling to 645,995 cards in the market. Of those cards 76.2% were held by fleet vehicles and 23.8% CRT vehicles.
Reasons to Buy
- Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering current and future volumes and values of the Danish fuel card market. Assess whether you should increase network acceptance of your card and identify potential new merchants by uncovering the position of competitors.
- Whether you are an issuer, a processor, a leasing company or a fuel retailer, make informed pitches to partners by understanding their business.
- Enhance fuel sales at your service stations by identifying which fuel cards you should accept based on their market shares and network acceptance.