The study aims to analyse the key disruptions transforming the next-generation sequencing (NGS) services market in Europe and profile regional markets with significant growth potential
- Revenue Forecasts
- Regional Market Dynamics
- Market Share Analysis and Top Countries
- Key Trends and Growth Opportunities
- Game-changing Companies
- Disruptive Technologies and Business Models
Disruptive technologies in NGS are revolutionising the healthcare industry. Launch of high-throughput sequencers has set new service standards, with focus on superior coverage and accuracy. Low-cost and quick turnaround features have amplified NGS uptake as an alternative to traditional methods such as microarray, capillary electrophoresis, and Sanger, propelling the demand for NGS services across areas such as human genetics, plant and animal biotech, agriculture, food and drug safety, and forensics.
The European NGS services market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 15.4% from 2016 to 2023 to reach $605.0 million by 2023. A relatively slow adopter of the technology, Europe now contributes to roughly a third of the global NGS services market size. Government-backed large-scale projects in the region such as the 100,000 Genomes Project of the United Kingdom (UK) and France Genomic Medicine Plan 2025 are poised to bring NGS to the forefront. Industry stakeholders are adapting to current market needs and aligning services with growth opportunities in research and clinical applications.
The research service explores current industry trends and market response to the growing sequencing demand. The NGS services market in Europe has been comprehensively studied to understand the core value proposition of game-changing service providers. Industry-wide collaborations, focusing on diversified applications and value-added services, have also been discussed.
The study provides an overview of the regional market dynamics focusing on key disruptive factors affecting market growth. The regional market is further segmented and market attractiveness of top countries has been studied. Market size estimations have been provided for Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Detailed coverage of NGS services market in Germany, UK, and France has been included. Drivers and restraints have been provided for a comprehensive time-bound assessment of the factors influencing the market paradigm. The study also reveals growth opportunities focusing on market needs across diversified application areas.
The base year for the study is 2016, with the forecast period being 2017 to 2023.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- How is the market attractiveness for NGS services growing over the years?
- What is the future market potential?
- How is the $1000 cost per genome milestone distressing market paradigm?
- What are the factors driving NGS services demand?
- What are the disruptions affecting the value chain equilibrium?
- What will be the focal areas on application-based services?
- Which are the service lines with maximum growth potential?
- How are the new technology trends impacting service providers?
- Which are the game-changing companies at work?
- What are the strategic levers to stay on the growth trajectory?
- How is the changing economic scenario affecting the regional market?
- Which are the key markets in Europe?
Recent technological advancements in high-throughput sequencing are shifting the industry paradigm. Continued reduction in price per genome advertently impacting the market by increasing scale of sequencing projects. Launch of high-throughput sequencers setting new service standards with focus on superior coverage and accuracy. Low-cost and quick turnaround features have amplified NGS uptake as an alternative to traditional methods such as microarray, capillary electrophoresis and Sanger, propelling demand across industries- Human Genetics, Plant & Animal Biotech, Agriculture, Microbiome, Food & Drug Safety, Forensics.
- Purpose of this Experiential Study
- Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- 5-Step Process to Transformational Growth
- Key Findings-How is This Market Important to You?
- Strategic Imperatives for NGS Service Providers
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Big Market Themes
- Market Background and Overview
- Market Definitions
- Industry Value Chain
- Regional Perspective
- Market Share Analysis
- Country Attractiveness
- Market Analysis-Germany
- Market Analysis-United Kingdom
- Market Analysis-France
- Market Drivers and Restraints
- Industry Challenges
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Key Global Companies to Watch
- Key Regional Companies to Watch
- Competitor List
- Collaboration Assessment
- NGS Services Market-Macro to Micro Visioning
- NGS Services Trends-2016 to 2023
- Emerging Business Models
- Growth Opportunity 1-Advanced Bioinformatics
- Growth Opportunity 2-Diversified Applications
- Growth Opportunity 3-Clinical Research and Sequencing
- Growth Opportunity 4-Whole Exome Sequencing
- Growth Opportunity 5-RNA Sequencing
- Growth Opportunity 6-Genetic Testing
- Growth Opportunity 7-Factory-scale Projects
- Growth Opportunity 8-One-stop Shop
- Growth Opportunity 9-Geographical Expansion
- Growth Opportunity Matrix
- Top Predictions for the NGS Services Market
- Legal Disclaimer
- Additional Sources of Information