India’s current installed capacity of 315 GW has still a fair share of thermal power plants based on coal which accounts for sufficing the base load of the country. Although, India is cognitive of the global trend of gradually wishing away with polluting source of coal based electricity generation , but completely stripping of these capacities shall not be possible for one of the fastest growing economies of the world. Given, the estimate even if we consider India to grow by a normative 7% as an economy, the need of growth in infrastructural development shall also be of the same order. Hence, despite country’s Paris commitment to reduce carbon influx, India has to be dependent on coal till 2030 for meeting of its consistent base load.
As country, shifts its portfolio from thermal to renewable in terms of capacity generation , the transcend also observed in terms of investment in the thermal and renewable space respectively. With India, completely witnessing drying up of orders from private project developers , the thermal power generation looks to be a dicey proposition for OEMs in the country. In this regard, it was quint essential to spot the silver lining in the current dynamics of thermal power generation for the OEMs to sustain and develop their respective business model. Hence, preparedness for OEMs shall be of pinnacle importance which will be discovered through an in-depth research in this dossier.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the potential market size for domestic OEMs by 2022 in Indian BTG space ?
- Competitive benchmarking and landscaping of the players into the manufacturing of BTG equipments in India
- What would be the impact of DCR and PMP policies on domestic manufacturing of BTG equipments ?
- What would be the vendor base for sub-critical and super-critical BTG equipments in India ?
- What would be competition degree of BTG OEMs in India vis-à-vis price factor ?
- What would be the competitive degree of BTG OEMs in India vis-à-vis extended scope capacity ?
USPs associated with the report are as follows:
- First hand sector knowledge and inputs
- Primary research inputs from F2F interviews with domain experts
- Experts insights and market reviews taken into consideration
- Validated data and analysis
- Opportunity mapping and market sizing
- Germinates from minds that think fresh to evolve path finding guide for all stake holders through quality information and analysis
- Free query handling and analyst support for three months from the date of report procurement
- Understanding supercritical thermal power generation scenario in India
- A holistic track of existing OEMs in the Indian power generation equipment manufacturing space and the market entry
- Make in India and business case for domestic OEMs
- Unleashing driving factors and restraints for BTG market in India
- Tracking the financing facilities for BTG projects in India
- Future outlook of in house BTG manufacturing facilities in India and the business case for domestic OEMs
- Joint undertaking policy and other regulatory obligations impacting domestic manufacturing of BTG equipments
- Evaluating region wise , consumer wise and supplier wise market size for BTG OEMs in India
Contents and Coverage
- Market Structure of power generation equipment manufacturing in India
- Key Drivers and restraints for BTG equipment market in India
- Evaluating past trends and future outlook of BTG equipment manufacturing in India
- Track of region wise market share of BTG OEMs by volume (MW)
- Track of region wise market share of BTG OEMs by value (INR)
- Track of region wise market share of BTG OEMs by production capacity
- Track of region wise market share of BTG OEMs by manufacturing base
- Competitive landscaping of exiting OEMs
- Track of region wise market share of BTG OEMs by vendor base