The Standard for Evaluating and Achieving Business Excellence
The Oliver Wight Class A Standard for Business Excellence is the celebrated statement of excellence in business today. This fully updated and revised seventh edition moves away from the traditional checklist format to focus on the characteristics of business excellence and the journey to excellence expressed through a series of improvement programs known as Class A Milestones. Attaining Class A performance requires more than a single initiative, which is why these improvement milestones have proven to be the most efficient and effective guidance for attaining sustainable bottom–line results and an energized, empowered workforce that results from a completed improvement program.
Inside, you find the collective practice and experience of Oliver Wight from around the world presented in benchmark characteristics, competencies, and performance requirements of a business poised to transition into the Business Maturity Map. It′s never been easier to accomplish world–class business performance with:
- Chapters aligned with the Integrated Business Model, from managing the strategy planning process to managing and leading people, driving business improvement, and integrated business planning
- Updated coverage on today′s business differentiators, including managing and optimizing products, services, and the supply chain, as well as procuring externally sourced items and developing relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and consumers
- The latest insights into how leaders can use technological advances to gain up–to–the–minute information enabling them to manage business performance with response times measured in daysnot months
Now every organization striving for success can reach it with The Oliver Wight Class A Standard for Business Excellence, Seventh Edition.
1. MANAGING THE STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS 1
2. MANAGING AND LEADING PEOPLE 17
3. DRIVING BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT 31
4. INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLANNING 47
5. MANAGING THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PORTFOLIO 63
6. MANAGING MARKET DEMAND 81
7. MANAGING THE SUPPLY CHAIN 95
8. MANAGING INTERNAL SUPPLY 113
9. MANAGING EXTERNAL SOURCING 129
OLIVER WIGHT BIOGRAPHY 145
OLIVER WIGHT INTERNATIONAL, INC. is recognized as global business improvement specialists who educate, coach, and mentor people and teams to lead and transform their business on a journey to sustained business excellence with world class business performance. The largest organization of its type, Oliver Wight has built a team of motivated key influencers with recognized thought leadership and, through knowledge transfer and application skills, clients are facilitated by Oliver Wight to apply best practice, to their specific requirements.