"The most successful CSPs in the video services market will be those that can cost-effectively deliver multi-screen content to a broad range of customer segments with advanced monetisation and personalisation capabilities."
The video services market is becoming increasingly competitive. Changing consumer behaviour and the growing operational and network costs of delivering content are also presenting significant challenges to communications service providers (CSPs). Good content is no longer sufficient for success. Virtualisation and automated orchestration of key video delivery components across the content management, monetisation, personalisation, optimisation and delivery areas can help CSPs to both lower video services costs and add new service features to improve customer retention.
This report analyses the quantifiable business benefits of implementing network function virtualisation (NFV), software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud-enabled video services for fixed CSPs in developed markets, particularly North America.
This report provides:
- the business case for using virtualised video delivery networks
- details of the network areas where CSPs should invest in virtualised solutions to differentiate and monetise multi-screen video services
- an explanation of how CSPs should use virtualisation to target various customer segments with new video services
- some key features of video services that can enhance the user experience, increase engagement and further monetise the content
- the key vendors providing multi-screen/OTT video solutions.
- ARRIS Group
- Elemental Technologies (Amazon)
- Imagine Communications
- Minerva Networks
- Quickplay Media
- Tech Mahindra
- TiVo (Rovi)
- UXP Systems