In recent years, the market size of the packaging and printing industry has reached trillions of yuan. Gross output value of China's packaging and printing industry reached CNY 1 trillion in 2009, surpassing Japan to become the second largest in the world in 2016, gross output value of the industry was nearly CNY 2 trillion.
According to analysis, the packaging and printing industry is fragmented with a low concentration rate. There are over 300,000 packaging companies, among which only 20,000 are above designated size (annual sales revenue above CNY 20 million) while the rest 90% are SMEs. The industry plays poor in scale with weak R&D capabilities.
It is expected that from 2017 to 2021, the packaging and printing industry will focus on six priorities, including low-carbon packaging, intelligent packaging and safe packaging, to step up with innovative and low-carbon development. The industry will be upgraded from being quantity-oriented to quality-oriented. It is projected that the packaging and printing industry still has room to grow as China's economy will keep growing at over 6% per year from 2017 to 2021. However, competition, especially inside competition, will be fierce. Companies that lag behind might be weeded out, while large-scale ones which have technology advantages, focus on shareholder returns, adopt advanced technologies and occupy more market shares will continue to grow.
In this report, the publisher analyzes 35 packaging and printing enterprises listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1) financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
1 Financial Indexes
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
2 Summary of Income Statement
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (Based on iFind) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (Based on iFind) (CNY, million)
3 Summary of Balance Sheet
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
4 Summary of Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Shanghai Zijiang Enterprise Group Co., Ltd. (600210.SH)
- Shanghai Jielong Industry Group Corporation Limited (600836.SH)
- Shantou Dongfeng Printing Co., Ltd. (601515.SH)
- Shanghai Baosteel Packaging Co., Ltd. (601968.SH)
- Shanghai Xintonglian Packaging Co., Ltd. (603022.SH)
- Yongji Printing Co., Ltd. (603058.SH)
- Anhui Genuine New Material Co., Ltd. (603429.SH)
- Shanghai M&g Stationery INC. (603899.SH)
- Zhuhai Zhongfu Enterprise Co., Ltd. (000659.SZ)
- Shaanxi Jinye Science Technology and Education Group Co., Ltd. (000812.SZ)
- Huangshan Novel Co., Ltd. (002014.SZ)
- Guangbo Group Co., Ltd. (002103.SZ)
- TungKong Inc. (002117.SZ)
- Shenzhen Jinjia Group Co., Ltd. (002191.SZ)
- Xiamen Hexing Packaging Printing Co., Ltd. (002228.SZ)
- Hongbo Co., Ltd. (002229.SZ)
- Shenzhen Beauty Star Co., Ltd. (002243.SZ)
- MYS Group Co., Ltd. (002303.SZ)
- Shandong Lipeng Co., Ltd. (002374.SZ)
- Zhejiang Zhongcheng Packing Material Co., Ltd. (002522.SZ)
- Shanghai Shunho New Materials Technology Co., Ltd. (002565.SZ)
- Jiangsu Shuangxing Color Plastic New Materials Co., Ltd. (002585.SZ)
- Beijing Shengtong Printing Co., Ltd. (002599.SZ)
- ORG Packaging Co., Ltd. (002701.SZ)
- Shenzhen Prince New Materials Co., Ltd. (002735.SZ)
- ShengXing Group Co., Ltd. (002752.SZ)
- Suzhou Hycan Holdings Co., Ltd. (002787.SZ)
- Xi'an Global Printing Co., Ltd. (002799.SZ)
- Xiamen Jihong Package Technology Ltd. (002803.SZ)
- Yunnan Chuangxin New Material Co., Ltd. (002812.SZ)
- Shenzhen Yuto Packaging Technology Co., Ltd. (002831.SZ)
- Guangdong NewGrandLong Packing Co., Ltd. (002836.SZ)
- Guangdong Enpack Packaging Co., Ltd. (002846.SZ)
- Shantou Wanshun Package Material Stock Co., Ltd. (300057.SZ)
- Shanghai Haishun New Pharmaceutical Packaging Co., Ltd. (300501.SZ)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.