This report focuses on aspects of the Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP) region. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and digital economy services.
- identifies which communication apps are used most in DVAP
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance OTT communications with traditional services
- highlights the main payment mechanisms for ecommerce in DVAP
- provides insight into the organisations that consumers in the region are most willing to trust
- analyses the trends in operator-led mobile money usage in DVAP.
Survey data coverage:
The research was conducted in October and November 2016. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in the region. We set quotas on age, gender, employment, and regional demographics to that effect. There was a minimum of 1000 respondents per country, and 4000 respondents in the region.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Which OTT communications apps are used most in DVAP?
- How do DVAP consumers balance OTT communications with traditional services?
- What are the main payment mechanisms for ecommerce in DVAP?
- Which organisations are consumers in DVAP most willing to trust with their personal data?
- What are the trends in operator-led mobile money service usage in DVAP?
WHO SHOULD READ THIS REPORT
Operator-based strategy executives and marketing managers who are interested in understanding consumer market trends, and the changing role of operators as communications and digital service providers. Market intelligence and research executives in service providers that are responsible for understanding end-user trends and supporting business units in identifying and addressing new opportunities in mobile communications, ecommerce, payments, and identity management. Equipment/device manufacturers and software providers that want to identify end-user trends in service and device usage and help their operator customers to better address market opportunities in mobile services and services related to ecommerce and payments.