The European nutraceuticals market is projected to grow at a rate of 5.9%, with France leading the market. The nutraceuticals market is expected to witness an increase in the overall revenue, from USD 11.52 billion in 2016 to USD XX billion in 2022.
The region is the third largest market for nutraceuticals in the world, after North America and Asia- Pacific. The market has a demand for advanced nutraceutical products, which can provide visible benefits on consumption. The reason for the European market growth being restrained is its stringent regulatory approval procedures and high-cost of research and product development, which, in turn, increases the price of the products.
By application, dietary supplements are the largest segment, which holds XX% of the total nutraceutical application in Europe. This is followed by functional food and functional beverage, which hold XX%, and XX% share, respectively.
Algal-based omega-3 fatty acids and natural plant extracts are the new trend in the nutraceutical market; omega3 is one of the most consumed nutraceuticals, due to its association with many disease preventions and treatments, such as thrombosis, atherosclerosis, cancers, arthritis, etc. Many global players in functional food and beverages are now trying to invest in algal-based omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) production and supply in the European Market. As per market estimation, the algal-based omega 3fatty acid market in Europe will reach USD XX billion, by 2022.
The European nutraceuticals market is competitive with many market giants, such as ADM, DuPont, Cargill, Inc., Royal DSM, and BASF SE. These large players are holding the majority of the nutraceuticals market share in Europe. These market giants are trying to increase their market through various market strategies, such as nutraceutical innovation, technological advancement, partnership, mergers, acquisition, market expansion and categories expansion.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe nutraceutical market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on country scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors at a regional level.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview & Dynamics
3.1.1 Rising Healthcare Costs & Non-Communicable Chronic Diseases
3.1.2 Demand for Nutritional Diets in Developed Countries
3.1.3 Burgeoning Affluent Middle-Class of BRICS Nations
3.1.4 Nutraceutical Products, an Alternative to Prescription & OTC Drugs
3.2.1 Undefined Regulatory Guidelines
3.2.2 Low Awareness among the Aged Citizens
3.3.1 Increasing Scope of Applications in Personal Care and Sports Nutrition
4. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.5 Threat of new entrants
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Functional Foods
22.214.171.124 Dairy Products
5.1.2 Functional Beverages
126.96.36.199 Energy drinks
188.8.131.52 Sports Drinks
184.108.40.206 Soft Drinks
5.1.3 Dietary Supplements
5.2 By Ingredient Type
5.2.6 Omega 3 & Structured Lipids
5.2.7 Phytochemicals & Plant Extracts
5.2.8 Fibers & Specialty Carbohydrates
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape Overview
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Strategies by leading players
6.3 New Product Developments & Other Innovations
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Cargill Inc.
7.3 Royal DSM
7.4 Nestle Professional
7.5 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
7.8 Cosucra-Groupe Warcoing
7.9 Herbal Life
7.11 Arla Foods
7.14 Dean Foods
7.15 Parry Nutraceuticals