Food fortification is a process of making food more nutritional by adding vitamins and minerals. Food fortifying agents market has grown rapidly in the past few years and is expected to reach a value of USD XX billion by 2022, at a CAGR of X % from 2017 to 2022.
The global market for fortified food is expanding at a robust pace. For the next six years, the market is expected to grow at an impressive rate. The demand for this market is mainly driven by the health consciousness of consumers. The Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recognized food fortification as one of the key strategies to reduce the widespread malnutrition, particularly in under developed countries. These factors have led to the adoption of the food fortifying agents in various food & beverage products, along with pharmaceuticals, and pet food manufacturing industries, among others. Many organizations have come forward to solve the issues in backward areas of countries like India and Nigeria, by shortening the gap of nutrition and agriculture. North America, Japan, and Western European markets are exhibiting maximum opportunities for fortified milk and milk producing companies.
The food fortifying agents market is segmented by type into minerals, vitamins, lipids, carbohydrates, proteins and others. By application, it is segmented into cereals & cereal-based products, dairy & dairy-based products, and others. The vitamin sector accounts for the largest share of the food fortifying agents market, regarding value, during the forecast period. Due to the rising number of diseases, such as osteoporosis and rickets, due to vitamin deficiency, and also the increasing healthcare cost, and growing aging population.
In the segment of applications in food fortifying agents, the dietary supplements are projected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period. The health benefits of nutritional supplements, along with the increase in aging population and growing interest in personal fitness, drives the demand for dietary supplements in this market.
North America dominated the global food fortifying agents market in 2015. The Asia-Pacific region is predicted to be the fastest-growing market from 2017 to 2022.The markets are also growing in countries like China and India due to the increasing disposable income of the people, urbanized population, and expansion of key companies like Cargill, Incorporated and FMC Corporation in many countries.
In developed economies, the interest for fortified nourishment is fundamentally determined by the rising health consciousness among customers. Furthermore, the business sector is additionally picking up from the growing eagerness among buyers in rising economies to spend on fortified substances. Regulations for eradicating malnutrition and the growing awareness among strategy creators are the essential variables fueling the request from business sectors for fortified foods in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
On the other side, despite seeing substantial development open doors around the world, the high cost caused on the fortification of nourishment is limiting the business sector. Nevertheless, strengthening economies of Asia Pacific present tremendous opportunities for enterprises in the corporate community. Moreover, the corporate community is expected to keep seeing a rising interest from created locales, for example, North America.
Key players in this industry are -
- DuPont De Nemours and Company
- Royal DS
- BASF SE
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Nestle SA
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Arla Foods
- Tate & amp
- Lyle PLC
- CHR. Hansen Holdings A/S
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global food fortifying agents market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect global food fortifying agents market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Consumer Awareness About Health Benefits of Fortifying Agents
3.1.2 Increasing Demand for Fortifying Agents in Dietary Supplements
3.2.1 High Cost Involved in R&D Activities
3.3.1 Growing Application of Food Fortifying Agents
3.3.2 Growing Demand in Emerging Economies
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Cereals & Cereal-Based Products
4.1.2 Dairy & Dairy-Based Products
4.1.3 Fats & Oils Market
4.2 By Type
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
4.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competetive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
6.2 Kerry Group PLC
6.3 Associated British Foods PLC
6.4 Wiberg GmbH
6.5 Proliant Non-Meat Ingredients
6.6 Campus SRL
6.7 Wenda Ingredients
6.8 Advanced Food Systems, Inc.
6.9 Aliseia SRL
6.10 Redbrook Ingredient Services Limited
- Advanced Food Systems, Inc.
- Aliseia SRL
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Campus SRL
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Kerry Group PLC
- Proliant Non-Meat Ingredients
- Redbrook Ingredient Services Limited
- Wenda Ingredients
- Wiberg GmbH