The global probiotic and prebiotic yogurt market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during the period 2017-2022. The increasing awareness of the health benefits of probiotic and prebiotic yogurt acts as a driver to the growth of this market. Regular consumption of probiotic and prebiotic prevents the growth of harmful bacteria inside the digestive tract, which leads to better nutrient absorption and bowel movement. The probiotic and prebiotic yogurt helps to lower the risk of type-2 diabetes and colorectal cancer. Companies like Nestle, Dannon, Chobani and Yoplait are the major shareholders of this market.
As consumers have moved away from sugar to natural ingredients, probiotic and prebiotic yogurt has established itself as a healthy snack. The health benefits of this yogurt, which helps in lowering the risk of type-2 diabetes and colorectal cancer, are also the key driving factor of this market. However, the rise in the cost of research and development poses a threat to the market. The growing demand for functional foods is expected to provide a boost to the industry’s growth.
The global probiotic and prebiotic yogurt market is segmented by product type into plain, drinkable, flavored and fruited yogurt. The growing customer base for these products has necessitated the increase in their availability in a variety of retail stores such as supermarkets and hypermarkets, making it convenient for consumers to purchase them.
The probiotic and prebiotic yogurt market has been geographically segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Europe is a major contributor regarding revenue, followed by Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific region was the fastest-growing market for probiotic and prebiotic yogurt during 2015 and will continue to lead the market in the future as well. The growth of this market in the region is attributed to affordability and purchasing power of the consumers. Also, the improved sales of probiotic drinks in countries like Japan, India, and China is due to the growing health awareness among the consumers.
The global probiotic and prebiotics yogurt market is characterized by the rapidly changing consumer demand. The market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous small and large vendors, who compete on price, quality, innovation, reputation, and distribution. Intense competition among the vendors, coupled with rapid technological changes, constitutes a significant risk for vendor operations.
Some of the major players in the market include-
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the global probiotic and prebiotic yogurt market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the probiotic and prebiotic yogurt market on both, global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trend
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Yogurt Consumption in developing region
4.1.2 Positive Investigations for Health Benefits of Pro and Prebiotic Ingredients
4.1.3 Innovation and Science Support in Product Development
4.2.1 Challenges in Incorporating Probiotics and Prebiotics
4.2.2 Regulatory Constraints
4.3.1 Huge Opportunity in Oral Health and Cosmetic Industry
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Plain Yogurt
5.1.2 Drinking Yogurt
5.1.3 Flavoured Yogurt
5.1.4 Fruited Yogurt
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
5.2.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.7 La Yogurt
7.8 Stonyfield Farms
7.9 Greek Gods
7.10 Voskos Greek Yogurt