By the end of 2016, there had been 1,620 enterprises above designated size (annual sales revenue above CNY 20 million) in the water sector. In 2016, fixed asset investment in the water sector was CNY 496.352 billion with a YOY increase of 20.5%. By the end of 2016, total assets of the water sector had amounted to CNY 1,141.56 billion, increasing by 8.3% YOY. In 2016, the revenue of the water sector was CNY 207.57 billion, increasing by 9.4% YOY.
The gross profit of the sector reached CNY 19.99 billion, increasing by 14.3% YOY.
Given China's growing economy, improving urbanization and intensifying environmental protection standards, the next few years will witness the rapid growth of the water processing industry. It is estimated that by 2021, the market size of China's water sector will have exceeded CNY 300 billion.
In the report, 17 water enterprises listed in A-share market in China are analyzed.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1) financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
2. Summary of Income Statement
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
3. Summary of Balance Sheet
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
4. Summary of Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Beijing Capital Co., Ltd. (600008.SH)
- Wuhan Sanzhen Industry Holding Co., Ltd. (600168.SH)
- Heilongjiang Interchina Water Treatment Co., Ltd. (600187.SH)
- QianJiang Water Resources Development Co., Ltd. (600283.SH)
- Grandblue Environment Co., Ltd. (600323.SH)
- Jiangxi Hongcheng Waterworks Co., Ltd. (600461.SH)
- Wuhan Xianglong Power Industry Co., Ltd. (600769.SH)
- Tianjin Capital Environmental Protection Group Co., Ltd. (600874.SH)
- Chongqing Water Group Co., Ltd. (601158.SH)
- Jiangsu Jiangnan Water Co., Ltd. (601199.SH)
- Guangxi Nanning Waterworks Co., Ltd. (601368.SH)
- Fujian Haixia Environmental Protection Group Co., Ltd. (603817.SH)
- Zhongyuan Environment-Protection Co., Ltd. (000544.SZ)
- Chengdu Xingrong Environment Co., Ltd. (000598.SZ)
- Bohai Water Industry Co., Ltd. (000605.SZ)
- Zhongshan Public Utilities Group Co., Ltd. (000685.SZ)
- Anhui Guozhen Environmental Protection and Energy Conservation Technology Co., Ltd. (300388.SZ)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.