In 2016, fixed asset investment in the railway industry was CNY 801.5 billion. A total of 3,281 km of new lines were put into operation; construction started in 46 projects; investment increased by CNY 550 billion. By the end of 2016, total length of railway in operation was 124,000 km, including 22,000 km high-speed railway. In 2016, national railway undertook 2.65 billion tons of cargo. The freight volume of containers, commodity automobiles and bulks all broke record highs, increasing YOY by 40%, 53% and 25%, respectively.
In 2016, the total value of logistics goods was CNY 229.7 trillion, increasing by 6.1% YOY. The growth rate was up by 0.3 percentage point over 2015. The total value of logistics goods kept stable while rising a bit. The total value of industrial logistics goods was CNY 214.0 trillion. Calculating by comparable price, it increased by 6.0% versus 2015 and the growth rate fell by 0.1 percentage points. The total revenue of the logistics industry was CNY 7.9 trillion, increasing by 4.6% over 2015. The total expenses of logistics goods was CNY 11.1 trillion, increasing by 2.9% YOY. The growth rate was up by 0.1 percentage points over 2015 but it was significantly lower than that of the value of logistics goods and GDP.
In this report, 34 rail transport and logistics enterprises listed in A-share market in China are analyzed.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
2. Summary of Income Statement
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
3. Summary of Balance Sheet
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
4. Summary of Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Xiamen Xiangyu Co., Ltd. (600057.SH)
- Sundy Land Investment Co., Ltd. (600077.SH)
- Y.U.D.Yangtze River Investment Industry Co., Ltd. (600119.SH)
- Xiamen C&D Inc. (600153.SH)
- Heilongjiang Heihua Co., Ltd. (600179.SH)
- YTO Express Group Co., Ltd. (600233.SH)
- Sinotrans Air Transportation Development Co., Ltd. (600270.SH)
- Dazhou Xingye Holding Co., Ltd. (600603.SH)
- Shanghai Jiao Yun Group Co., Ltd. (600676.SH)
- Cmst Development Co., Ltd. (600787.SH)
- Zhangjiagang Freetrade Science And Technology Co., Ltd. (600794.SH)
- Nanjing Inform Storage Equipment (Group) Co., Ltd. (603066.SH)
- Jiangsu Wanlin Modern Logistics Co., Ltd. (603117.SH)
- CTS International Logistics Corporation Limited (603128.SH)
- Hengtong Logistics Co., Ltd. (603223.SH)
- Beijing Changjiu Logistic Co., Ltd. (603569.SH)
- Yunda Holding Co., Ltd. (002120.SZ)
- Eternal Asia Supply Chain Management Ltd. (002183.SZ)
- Shenzhen FEIMA International Supply Chain Co., Ltd. (002210.SZ)
- Jiangsu Aucksun Co., Ltd. (002245.SZ)
- Maanshan Dingtai Rare Earth & New Materials Co., Ltd. (002352.SZ)
- STO Express Co., Ltd. (002468.SZ)
- Zhuhai Winbase International Chemical Tank Terminal Co., Ltd. (002492.SZ)
- Europol Intelligent Network Co., Ltd. (002711.SZ)
- Shenzhen Prolto Supply Chain Management Co., Ltd. (002769.SZ)
- Xinjiang Tianshun Supply Chain Co., Ltd. (002800.SZ)
- Jiangsu Xinning Modern Logistics Co., Ltd. (300013.SZ)
- Jiangsu Feiliks International Logistics Inc. (300240.SZ)
- Shenzhen Huapengfei Modern Logistics Co., Ltd. (300350.SZ)
- New Trend International Logis-tech Co., Ltd. (300532.SZ)
- China Railway Tielong Container Logistics Co., Ltd. (600125.SH)
- Daqin Railway Co., Ltd. (601006.SH)
- Guangshen Railway Co., Ltd. (601333.SH)
- Ningxia Western Venture Industrial Co., Ltd. (000557.SZ)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.