Polyurethane Polymers: Composites and Nanocomposites concentrates on the composites and nanocomposites of polyurethane based materials. Polyurethane composites are a very important class of materials widely used in the biomedical and industrial field that offer numerous potential applications in many areas. This book discusses current research and identifies future research needs in the area.
- Provides an elaborate coverage of the chemistry of polyurethane, its synthesis, and properties
- Includes available characterization techniques
- Relates types of polyurethanes to their potential properties
- Discusses composites, nanocomposites options, and PU recycling
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. PU Polymers, Their Composites, and Nanocomposites: State of the Art and New Challenges Józef T. Haponiuk and Krzysztof Formela 2. Micro- and Nanomechanics of PU Polymer-Based Composites and Nanocomposites Aruna K. Barick 3. Engineering of Interface in Nanocomposites Based on PU Polymers YuanQiao Rao 4. Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled With Spherical Fillers S. Mojtaba Mirabedini and Khosrow Khodabakhshi 5. Polyurethane Nanocomposites of Layered Silicates Dinesh K. Patel, Arun K. Mahanta and Pralay Maiti 6. Nanocomposites of Polyurethane Filled with CNTs Niladri Sarkar, Gyanaranjan Sahoo and Sarat K. Swain 7. Composites and Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled With POSS Fillers Hossein Yahyaei and Mohsen Mohseni 8. Composites and Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled with Natural Fibers and Their Nanofibers Khosrow Khodabakhshi and S. Mojtaba Mirabedini 9. Polyurethane Nanocomposite Foams: Correlation Between Nanofillers, Porous Morphology, and Structural and Functional Properties Letizia Verdolotti, Maria R. Di Caprio, Marino Lavorgna and Giovanna G. Buonocore 10. Nanocomposites of PU Polymers with Nano Chitin and Nano Starch Norma-Aurea Rangel-Vazquez 11. Self-Healing Properties of PU and PU Nanocomposites Qiuhong Zhang, Li Wang and Xudong Jia 12. Conducting Polyurethane Composites Raghvendra K. Mishra, Jiji Abraham, Kuruvilla Joseph, Karingamanna Jayanarayanan, Nandakumar Kalarikkal and Sabu Thomas 13. Nonlinear Viscoelastic Properties of Polyurethane Nanocomposites Michal Strankowski 14. Vegetable Oil-Derived Polyurethane Composites with Graphite as Electrode Materials for Electroanalysis Priscila Cervini and Éder T.G. Cavalheiro 15. Modeling and Simulation in PU-Based Composites and Nanocomposites Norma-Aurea Rangel-Vazquez 16. Polyurethane Composites and Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications Jinlian Hu and Lin Tan 17. Flame Retardancy of Composites and Nanocomposites Based on PU Polymers Metehan Atagür, Sibel Demirog? lu and M. Özgür Seydibeyog? lu 18. Polyurethane-Based Biocomposites Mohd Radzi Ali, Mohd Sapuan Salit, Mohammad Jawaid, Muhd Ridzuan Mansur and Mohd Fairuz Abd Manap 19. Aging Behavior of Composite- and Nanocomposite-Based Polyurethane Alpesh U. Vala, Ajay V. Rane, Krishnan Kanny, Vayyaprontavida K. Abitha and Sabu Thomas 20. Applications of Polyurethane Based Composites and Nanocomposites Ajay V. Rane, Krishnan Kanny, Vayyaprontavida K. Abitha, Sainath Jadhav, Saket Mulge and Sabu Thomas
Professor Sabu Thomas is Professor of Polymer Science & Technology and Honorary Director of the International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is a prolific researcher, with 420 international papers, 6122 total citations, 2 patents, 18 books and a total of over 625 publications to his name, and is listed as one of the most productive researchers in India by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Prof. Thomas is a recognized authority in the field of polymer-based materials, and established the state-of-the-art lab in polymer science and nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University. He has been a visiting professor at many polymer research laboratories in Europe and Asia.
Prof. Datta is a well famous scientist in the field of polymer science and technology. He is an expert in the field of polyurethane recycling, polymer blending and composites. He has a good number of research publications in reputed journals. He is the editor of a book and written two book chapters.He is having ten patents to his credit. He is undertaking more than twenty projects. He secured his graduation and post graduation from Gdansk University, Poland and is currently working as an Asst. Professor in the same university. He supervised two PhD students and more than thirty post graduate students.
Prof. Haponiuk is an expert in the field of polymer composites, polymer blends, thermal properties of polymers, rubbers, nanomaterials, recycling, etc. He has more than fifty publications to his credit. He is having a good number of foreign collaborations.
Arunima is currently doing her doctoral research in polymer science in the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University. She has concentrated on polymer blends with recycled polyurethanes. She has Co authored a book chapter and is actively engaged in research in the group of Prof. Sabu Thomas.