Non-motor Parkinson's: The Hidden Face, Volume 133, the first part of the latest volume in the International Review of Neurobiology series, is an up-to-date, comprehensive textbook addressing the non-motor aspects of Parkinson's disease, a key unmet need. Chapters in this new release include topics such as The hidden face of Parkinson's, JP and non-motor symptoms, Parkinson's: a complex non-motor disease, Neuropathology of NMS of PD, Neurophysiology and animal models related to NMS in PD, Epidemiology of NMS in PD (cohort studies), Genes and NMS in PD, NMS in genetic forms of PD, and Imaging the NMS in PD.
Including practical tips for non-specialists and clinical algorithms, this book contains contributions from over 40 opinion leaders in the field of movement disorders, covering the topic from laboratory, to bedside, to caregiver.
- Presents a comprehensive textbook on the non motor aspects of Parkinson's disease
- Includes practical tips and clinical algorithms, and is the only textbook to bring a holistic approach
- Contains contributions from over 40 global opinion leaders in the field of movement disorders
- Provides special chapters on exercise, personalized medicine, osteoporosis, genetics, treatment aspects and nutrition
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Section 1. Nonmotor Symptoms: The Hidden Face of Parkinson's
1. The Status of "Nonmotor Features of the Malady in an Essay on the Shaking Palsy (1817) 2. Neuropathology of Nonmotor Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease 3. Nonmotor Symptoms in Experimental Models of Parkinson's Disease 4. The Epidemiology of Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease (Cohort and Other Studies) 5. Genes and Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease 6. Nonmotor Signs in Genetic Forms of Parkinson's Disease 7. Imaging the Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease 8. Biomarkers of Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease 9. Measurement of Nonmotor Symptoms in Clinical Practice 10. Objective Measurement and Monitoring of Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease 11. Nonmotor Symptoms and Natural History of Parkinson's Disease: Evidence From Cognitive Dysfunction and Role of Noninvasive Interventions 12. Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease: Gender and Ethnic Differences 13. Nonmotor Subtyping in Parkinson's Disease 14. Caregiver Burden and the Nonmotor Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease 15. Quality of Life and Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease
Section 2A. Specific Nonmotor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease, Part 1
16. Nonmotor Aspects of Parkinson's Disease-How Do They Help Diagnosis? 17. Anosmia and Ageusia in Parkinson's Disease 18. Cognition in Parkinson's Disease 19. Psychosis in Parkinson's Disease 20. Depression and Anxiety in Parkinson's Disease 21. Apathy in Parkinson's Disease 22. Impulse Control and Related Disorders in Parkinson's Disease 23. Sleep Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease 24. Fatigue in Parkinson's Disease