This report provides detailed analysis, information and insights based on 880 CIC projects in Europe, including detailed metrics on the region's power generation construction projects (as tracked by the CIC) split by country, value and by ten types of project, including nuclear, fossil fuels and renewable sources such as solar, biomass and wind. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including the UK, Turkey and Russia.
The Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking power generation construction projects in Europe with a total value of US$871.4 billion. Of this, US$345.6 billion is in the planning stage. The UK accounts for the highest value with US$312.0 billion, followed by Turkey with projects valuing US$95.1 billion. Russia and Poland follow with power generation projects with a value of US$93.3 billion and US$60.7 billion respectively. Europe's highest project investment is in wind power with a value of US$142.9 billion followed by nuclear power with a value of US$91.3 billion. The largest projects currently in the pipeline are the US$35.0 billion East Anglia Offshore Windfarm Development in the UK and the US$25.0 billion Sinop Nuclear Power Plant in Turkey.
The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for Europe and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value and type of power generation construction. Values by ten types of project power categories are given, including nuclear, wind, coal and biomass. Power generation capacity (MW) analysis is also provided. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight and see forecasts for the power generation construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, Scope
- Plan campaigns by country, based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
- The highest value of projects are at the planning stage, with US$345.6 billion, followed by projects at the execution stage with US$293.4 billion.
- Projects in the pre-execution stage amount to US$137.9 billion, while projects in the pre-planning stage account for US$94.5 billion.
- The UK accounts for highest value of power generation projects with US$312.0 billion.
- Nuclear power accounts for the highest value of projects with US$358.1 billion followed by wind power with US$277.6 billion.
- Nuclear power projects has the highest value of projects at the execution stage and at the planning stage.
- The UK is dominant in nuclear power, gas and wind power investment as it is with the renewable sources, solar, biomass and ocean power. Turkey has the highest geothermal and hydropower project investment.
- Private investment is responsible for funding the highest proportion of projects, with 53%, with public funding at 26% and joint public and private funding with 21%.
- Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending on the projects would reach US$139.7 billion in 2020.
- The top contractor in the region is Atomstroyexport in Russia followed by Bouygues in France.
2. Sector Analytics
3. Key Operators
4. Project Analytics By Country
4.1. The Uk
4.8. The Netherlands
List Of Tables
Table 1: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, Value By Country And Stage (Us$ Million)
Table 2: Europe - Top 50 Power Generation Projects By Value
Table 3: Key Contractors - Value Of Projects
Table 4: Key Consulting Engineers - Value Of Projects
Table 5: Key Project Owners - Value Of Projects
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, (Us$ Million)
Figure 2: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, All Countries Value By Stage (Us$ Million)
Figure 3: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, All Countries Projected Annual Spending By Type And Year Of Project Term (Us$ Million)
Figure 4: Europe - Power Generation Construction Projects Pipeline, Type By Stage (Us$ Million)
Figure 5: Europe - Power Generation Construction Projects Pipeline, Top 10 Countries By Stage (Us$ Million)
Figure 6: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, Top 10 Countries Projected Annual Spending By Type And Year Of Project Term (Us$ Million)
Figure 7: Europe - Power Generation Construction Projects, By Funding Mode (% Of Total Pipeline Value)
Figure 8: Europe - Power Generation Construction Projects, Value By Completion Year (Us$ Million)
Figure 9: Europe - Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, Additions To Capacity By Type And Year (Mw)
Figure 10: Europe, Nuclear Power Generation Construction Project Pipeline, Value By Stage: Top 10 Countries (Us$ Million)