The International Trend Study has been conducted on a biennial basis in the United States for 26 years and in 45 countries internationally since the Year 2000. The resulting database is the longest running of its kind, providing trended shopper insight data to food manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, foodservice establishments, pharmaceutical companies and health organizations. Shopper nutrition and health insights are used to create and support strategy, position and improve brands and track trends.
- Food is powerful medicine.
- Added nutrition is also important
- Top health concerns include tiredness, stress, and maintaining mental and physical abilities with age.
- They are optimistic about their health
- Food production methods and purity are very important to Australian shoppers.
- Still, price, taste, and freshness remain the most important aspects to shoppers.
- Australian shoppers consistently eat nutritious food.
- They are motivated to eat well to protect their future health
- Many shoppers are willing to pay extra for desirable food characteristics
This product is a global compendium of 24 countries. Please note that Individual Country Reports are available for purchase. Contact us for details.
1. Introduction and Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Detailed Information
4. Personal Health Rating
5. Overall Diet
6. Dietary Changes
7. Healthy Lifestyle Habits
8. Exercise Patterns
9. Barriers to a Healthy Lifestyle
10. Top 10 Health Concerns
11. Top 10 Health Issues
12. Health Concerns versus Affected by
13. Doctor Visits
14. Doctor Recommended Diet Change
15. Healthy Eating
16. Motivations for Healthy Eating
17. Barriers to Healthy Lifestyles
18. Healthy Indulgence?
19. Healthy Eating for Pleasure
20. Taste and Convenience
21. Control over Personal Health
22. Personalized Nutrition
23. Proactive Food Choice
24. Choosing for Medical Purposes
25. Food with Purpose
26. Prescription Foods
27. Believability of Food Benefit Claims
28. Choosing for Function