With companies and businesses going global, employees, customers, and business partners remain spread across multiple geographies. Even enterprises are encouraging its employees to ‘work-from-home” to avoid travelling to office and to offer flexibility to the work environment. The concept of enterprise mobility is on the rise and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is a recent technological trend in business. To keep in sync with these trends, UC plays a significant role in bridging the gap between employees, customers, and stakeholders thereby, making communication and collaboration seamless and inducing fast decision making. This research study analyzes the state of the UC market during the first half of CY 2016. A well tested step by step research methodology is being followed that is a mix of primary and secondary research with a deep dive into the internal knowledge repository. Data collected is analyzed through proprietary analytical tools, vetting it through the local market trends and insights derived while speaking with industry leaders, vendors, and service providers.
To start with, the study defines the overall UC market split under two distinct heads: UC applications and UC services. The author identifies market trends across these segments and lists the drivers and restraints in the short, medium, and long terms. The UC applications market is segmented into traditional telephony, Internet Protocol (IP) telephony, email, unified messaging, Instant Messaging (IM)/presence, mobility, contact center, Web conferencing, and video conferencing. Subsequently, the UC services market is further divided into audio conferencing services, hosted email, hosted voice, Web conferencing services, hosted contact center, and video conferencing services. Growth in UC services is expected to remain higher than in UC applications, even though the share of on-premise applications is higher in the revenue pie. This research study compares UC applications to UC services for H2 CY 2015 with H1 CY 2016, helping the reader better understand the market inclination during this period. An in-depth analysis is drawn across multiple segments, verticals, and horizontals, in terms of revenue and market share.
The author has also provided the market share analysis by major participants like Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Microsoft, IBM, and Unify for UC applications and Bharti Airtel, Reliance, Tata Teleservices, Microsoft, Intercall, Arkadin, and Google for UC services along with recent developments both for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and service providers. Finally, product and solution launch information have been provided for select OEM vendors along with a peek into the Indian start-up ecosystem.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- What is the state of the UC market in India in H1 CY 2016?
- What are the key market drivers and restraints for UC in India and how are they expected to impact growth in the next 7 years?
- What could be the market revenue for UC in India by the end of CY 2016?
- Which are the key participants for UC applications and UC services across each subsegment? What are their current market shares?
- How do the market revenue and market share analysis by subsegments, industry verticals, and horizontals look like?
- What are the product and solution launches by prominent companies in H1 CY 2016?
2. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
4. Market Segmentation and Definitions
- Unified Communications Segmentation
- Definitions - UC Applications
- Definitions - UC Applications: Video Conferencing Infrastructure
- Definitions - UC Applications: Video Conferencing Endpoints
- Definitions - UC Services: Audio Conferencing Services
- Definitions - UC Services: Hosted/Managed Video Conferencing Services
- Definitions - UC Services: Web Conferencing Services
- Definitions - UC Services
- Notes and Assumptions
- UC Product And Services Stack Scope
- Unified Communications Applications Trend in India
- UCaaS Trends in India
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Market Metrics - Understanding the State of the UC Market in India
- Segment Share Analysis
- Segmentation Analysis
- Revenue Segmentation Analysis
- Vertical Analysis - UC Applications
- Vertical Analysis - UC Services
- Horizontal Analysis
- UC Applications Market - Overall Market Share and Recent Developments
- UC Applications Market - Market Share Analysis by Segments
- UC Applications Market - Market Share Analysis by Segments Discussion
- UC Services Market - Overall Market Share and Recent Developments
- UC Services Market - Market Share Analysis by Segments
- UC Services Market - Market Share Analysis by Segments Discussion
- Avaya - Product and Solution Launch
- Cisco and Polycom - Product and Solution Launch
- UC Product Comparison - Cisco vs Microsoft
- Key UC Services Market Participants - Performance Comparison CY 2015 Versus CY 2016
- The Prominent Indian UC Start-ups
- Choosing Between a Brand and Innovator - A Customer Decision Matrix
- Legal Disclaimer
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bharti Airtel
- Tata Teleservices