India is the 6th largest wealth market in the world. This report provides a comprehensive review of the wealth sector in India, including HNWI trends, wealth management trends and luxury trends in the country.
- Demographics including city, suburb and sector breakdowns of Indian HNWIs.
- Breakdown of Non-Resident Indian (NRI) HNWIs by country.
- Spending habits of Indian HNWIs, including: collectables, prime real estate, second homes, travel, luxury clothing, luxury cars and behavioral mapping.
- Wealth trends in India over the past 10 years (2006-2016), with forecasts to 2026.
- Independent market sizing of Indian HNWIs across five wealth bands.
- Wealth scorecard - insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth in India.
- HNWI migration trends in India over the past 10 years.
- Detailed review of local wealth management sector, with AuM rankings.
- Review of family offices, foundations and venture capital companies linked to HNWIs in India.
- At the end of 2016, there were approximately 264,000 HNWIs living in India, with a combined wealth holdings of US$3.0 trillion.
- During the review period (2006-2016), Indian HNWI volumes increased by 290% from approximately 68,000 HNWIs in 2006 to 264,000 HNWIs in 2016.
- Indian HNWI volumes increased by 12% over the past year, from approximately 236,000 HNWIs in 2015 to 264,000 HNWIs in 2016.
- Manufacturing is the main industry from which Indian HNWIs have acquired their wealth – it is the primary source of wealth for 18% of local HNWIs. Other important industries for them include basic materials (15%), technology (10%) and financial & professional services (10%).
- At the end of 2016, wealth managers together managed US$78 billion in Indian HNWI funds.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.3 Sources and methodology
2 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
2.1 Regional landscape
2.2 Economic Review
2.3 Benchmarking India’s Wealth in Context
2.3.1 World statistics
2.3.2 Distribution of wealth in India
2.3.3 HNWI volume and wealth trends
2.4 India’s wealth scorecard & growth prospects
3 Findings from HNWI Database
3.1 HNWI city breakdown
3.2 HNWI industry breakdown
3.3 Trends in higher wealth bands
3.4 Non-resident Indian HNWIs breakdown by country
3.5 HNWI migration trends
4 Spending habits of Indian HNWIs
4.1 Behavioral mapping
4.3 Prime real estate
4.4 Popular travel & second home destinations for Indian HNWIs
4.5 Luxury clothing & accessory brand stores
4.6 Items that are commonly found in the wardrobe of an Indian HNWI
4.7 Luxury cars
5 The Wealth Management Sector in India
5.1 Largest wealth managers in India by AuM
5.2 Family offices, foundations and venture capital companies linked to HNWIs
6 About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: India: HNWI wealth band and group definitions
Table 2: India: Cities by population, 2016
Table 3: India: Top 10 countries for NRI HNWIs, 2016
Table 4: India: Popular classic cars for HNWIs, 2016
Table 5: India: Major cities ranked by US$ per square meter, 2016
Table 6: India: Luxury brand stores, 2016
Table 7: India: Upcoming luxury brand stores, 2016
Table 8: India: Popular luxury items bought by Indian HNWIs, 2016
Table 9: India: Top selling luxury cars, 2016
Table 10: India: The 10 largest wealth managers by Indian AuM, 2016
List of Figures
Figure 1: India: Map of country
Figure 2: India: HNWIs by Industry, 2016
Figure 3: India: Behavioral Mapping of HNWIs, 2016