Enhanced living environments employ information and communications technologies to support true ambient assisted living for adults and people with disabilities. This book provides an overview of today's architectures, techniques, protocols, components, and cloud-based solutions related to ambient assisted living and enhanced living environments. Topics covered include: an introduction to enhanced living environments; pervasive sensing for social connectedness; ethics in information and communication technologies; service scenarios in smart personal environments; technological support to stress level monitoring; big data systems to improve healthcare information searching over the Internet; sensors for wireless body area networks; linear wireless sensor networks and protocols in next generation networks; model-compilation challenges for cyber-physical systems; health monitoring using wireless body area networks; wearable health care; and intelligent systems for after-stroke home rehabilitation.
- Chapter 2: Enhanced living environments from the viewpoint of socioecological psychology
- Chapter 3: Pervasive sensing for social connectedness
- Chapter 4: Ethics in information and communication technologies: training the elderly in making gerontechnology accessible
- Chapter 5: End-users' AAL and ELE service scenarios in smart personal environments
- Chapter 6: Technological support to stress-level monitoring
- Chapter 7: Big data healthcare system to improve healthcare information searching in the Internet
- Chapter 8: Sensors for wireless body area networks
- Chapter 9: AALaaS/ELEaaS platforms
- Chapter 10: Linear wireless sensor networks and protocols in the next-generation networks
- Chapter 11: Model-compilation challenges for cyber-physical systems
- Chapter 12: Health monitoring using WBAN: topology design, routing and thermal issues
- Chapter 13: Wearable health care: technology evolution, algorithms and needs
- Chapter 14: Intelligent system for after-stroke home rehabilitation
Technical University of Sofia, Department of Communication Networks, Bulgaria.
Rossitza Ivanova Goleva is Assistant Professor at the Department of Communication Networks at Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria.Ivan Ganchev Associate Professor.
University of Plovdiv 'Paisii Hilendarski', Bulgaria.
University of Limerick, Telecommunications Research Centre, Ireland.
Ivan Ganchev is Associate Professor at the University of Plovdiv 'Paisii Hilendarski', Bulgaria and Deputy Director of the Telecommunications Research Centre, University of Limerick, Ireland.Ciprian Dobre Professor of Computer Science.
University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania.
Ciprian Dobre is Professor of Computer Science at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania.Nuno Garcia Assistant Professor.
Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilhã, Portugal.
Nuno Garcia is Assistant Professor at the Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilhã, Portugal, Researcher at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, Covilhã, Portugal, and Invited Associate Professor of the Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisbon, Portugal.Carlos Valderrama Professor.
Polytechnic Faculty, University of Mons, Electronics and Microelectronics Department, Belgium.
Carlos Valderrama is a Professor and Director of the Electronics and Microelectronics Department at the Polytechnic Faculty of the University of Mons, Belgium.