According to the report, low oil prices in 2016 made Chinese crude oil producers to import large quantities of crude oil while reducing their own production. In 2016, the production volume of crude oil in China was 199.69 million tons, down by 6.9% YOY. This is the first time since 2010 that the annual production volume dipped below 200 million tons. The import of crude oil increased by 13.6% YOY to 381.01 million tons. The production volume in Tianjin, Liaoning, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Guangdong, Shaanxi and Xinjiang exceeded 10 million tons and the total of them accounted for 90% of national production. These are the most important crude oil production areas in China. In 2016, the production volume of natural gas was 136.9 billion m3, up by 1.7% YOY. The import of natural gas increased by 22.0% YOY to 54.03 million tons. Major production areas of natural gas are Shaanxi, Sichuan and Xinjiang, the combined production volume of which account for 73.1% of the national volume.
By the end of 2016, there had been 140 oil and gas exploitation companies.
In 2016, fixed asset investment in the oil and natural gas exploitation industry decreased by 31.9% YOY to CNY 233.1 billion, bringing total assets in the industry to CNY 2,003.63 billion, which was down by 3.2% YOY. Income from main businesses reached CNY 647.03 billion, down by 16.8% YOY.
It is expected that growing Chinese economy will continue to drive the demand for oil and natural gas.
This report analyzes 19 oil and natural gas fuel companies listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Shenzhen Guangju Energy Co., Ltd. (000096.SZ)
- Xinjiang International Industry Co., Ltd. (000159.SZ)
- Sinopec Shandong Taishan Pectroleum Co., Ltd. (000554.SZ)
- Sichuan Datong Gas Development Co., Ltd. (000593.SZ)
- Cefc Anhui International Holding Co., Ltd. (002018.SZ)
- Oriental Energy Co., Ltd. (002221.SZ)
- Shaanxi Provincial Natural Gas Co., Ltd. (002267.SZ)
- Xinjiang Haoyuan Natural Gas Co., Ltd. (002700.SZ)
- Jiangsu Gaoke Petrochemical Co., Ltd. (002778.SZ)
- Sino Geophysical Co., Ltd. (300191.SZ)
- China Petrochemical Corporation (600028.SH)
- Guanghui Energy Co., Ltd. (600256.SH)
- Zhejiang Haiyue Co., Ltd. (600387.SH)
- Shenergy Company Limited (600642.SH)
- Shandong Xinchao Energy Corporation Limited (600777.SH)
- China Oilfield Services Limited (601808.SH)
- PetroChina Company Limited (601857.SH)
- Shanghai Lonyer Fuels Co., Ltd. (603003.SH)
- Dalian Energas Gas-System Co., Ltd. (603318.SH)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.