In 2014, explored coal reserve in China was 114.5 billion tons, including 62.2 billion tons of anthracite and bituminous coal which accounted for 54.3% of total coal reserve. The rest 45.7% was taken by sub-bituminous coal and lignite, which totaled to 52.3 billion tons.
In 2016, the production volume of raw coal was 3.41 billion tons, down by 9.0% YOY. This is the third consecutive decrease after the production volume reached 3.97 billion tons in 2013. Inner Mongolia, Shanxi and Shaanxi remain as the most important raw coal production areas in China, accounting for 24.8%, 24.3% and 15.1% of total production volume, respectively.
In 2016, China imported 260 million tons of coal, increasing by 25.2% YOY.
At the end of 2016, the price index of coal was 160, up by 44.1 points over the previous year. Take 5500 Kcal/kg coal at Qinhuangdao port as an example. The price at the end of 2016 was 639 CNY/ton, increasingly significantly from 269 CNY/ton at the end of 2015. In the first half of 2016, coal prices remained low with modest fluctuations. They began to increase rapidly in July and reached the peak of the year at 700 CNY/tons on November, 7. Afterwards, the prices came down.
The Chinese government encourages the use of natural gas in industrial production and daily life to reduce environmental pollution. As a result, it is expected that coal will account for less and less of energy consumption. However, it will remain as the major energy fuel in China.
This report analyzes 35 coal and commercial fuel manufacturers listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Gansu Jingyuan Coal Industry And Electricity Power Co., Ltd. (000552.SZ)
- Sundiro Holding Co., Ltd. (000571.SZ)
- Shanxi Meijin Energy Co., Ltd. (000723.SZ)
- Inner Mongolia Pingzhuang Energy Resources Co., Ltd. (000780.SZ)
- Kaidi Ecological and Environmental Technology Co., Ltd. (000939.SZ)
- Shanxi Xishan Coal And Electricity Power Co., Ltd. (000983.SZ)
- Huolinhe Open pit Coal (HK) Investment Co., Ltd. (002128.SZ)
- Guangzhou Devotion Thermal Technology Co., Ltd. (300335.SZ)
- Zhengzhou Coal Industry & Electric Power Co., Ltd. (600121.SH)
- Shanxi Lanhua Sci-Tech Venture Co., Ltd. (600123.SH)
- Wintime Energy Co., Ltd. (600157.SH)
- CCS Supply Chain Management Co., Ltd. (600180.SH)
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited (600188.SH)
- Yang Quan Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. (600348.SH)
- Guizhou Panjiang Refined Coal Co., Ltd. (600395.SH)
- Anyuan Coal Industry Group Co., Ltd. (600397.SH)
- Henan Dayou Energy Co., Ltd. (600403.SH)
- Shanghai Datun Energy Resources Co., Ltd. (600508.SH)
- Shanxi Coal International Energy Group Co., Ltd. (600546.SH)
- Qinghai Jinrui Mineral Development Co., Ltd. (600714.SH)
- Xinjiang Baihuacun Co., Ltd. (600721.SH)
- Liaoning Hongyang Energy Resource Invest Co., Ltd. (600758.SH)
- Enn Ecological Holdings Co., Ltd. (600803.SH)
- Anhui Hengyuan Coal Industry And Electricity Power Co., Ltd. (600971.SH)
- DaTong Coal Industry Co., Ltd. (601001.SH)
- Baotailong New Materials Co., Ltd. (601011.SH)
- China Shenhua Energy Company Limited (601088.SH)
- Beijing Haohua Energy Resource Co., Ltd. (601101.SH)
- Shaanxi Coal Industry Company Limited (601225.SH)
- Pingdingshan Tianan Coal Mining Co., Ltd. (601666.SH)
- Shanxi Lu'An Environmental Energy Development Co., Ltd. (601699.SH)
- China Coal Energy Co., Ltd. (601898.SH)
- China Coal Xinji Energy Co., Ltd. (601918.SH)
- Changzheng Engineering Co., Ltd. (603698.SH)
- Inner Mongolia Yitai Coal Co., Ltd. (900948.SH)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.