By the end of 2016, there had been over 100,000 building material companies. In 2016, fixed asset investment in the building material industry was CNY 1,686.9 billion, up by 0.7% YOY. Revenues of the industry reached CNY 6,186.27 billion, up by 5.4% YOY. During the year, the production volume of cement was 2,402.95 million tons, up by 2.5% YOY; that of commercial concrete was 1,792 million m3, up by 7.4% YOY; that of flat glass was 774.03 million weight cases, up by 5.8% YOY.
The operation status of the building material industry is closely related to fixed asset investment. In 2016, total fixed asset investment in China (excluding farming) was CNY 59,650.1 billion, increasing by 8.1% YOY. This included CNY 10,258.1 billion in property development, a 6.9% increase YOY. Property under construction totaled to 7,589.75 million m3, increasing by 3.2% YOY. Newly started projects were 1,669.28 million m3, up by 8.1% YOY.
From 2017 to 2021, the production of 32.5 compound cement will be gradually ceased. The proportion of high-grade cement and pure silicate cement will be higher. The production volume of cement in China will reduce and the composition of cement products will be changed. The only thing that will keep stable is cement clinker. Development Plan for China Building Material Industry (2016-2020) stated that by the end of 2020, cement clinker and flat glass projects to expand production capacity would be prohibited from being filed or built in China. In the expansion of emerging building material industries, the key is to accelerate the development of advanced inorganic fiber and compound materials and to encourage the development of cutting-edge materials such as graphene.
The report expects that fixed asset investment will continue to grow in the coming years, benefitting the development of the building material industry.
This report analyzes 41 building material manufacturers listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- CSG Holding Co., Ltd. (000012.SZ)
- Shenzhen Universe (Group) Co., Ltd. (000023.SZ)
- Tangshan Jidong Cement Co., Ltd. (000401.SZ)
- Jinyuan Cement Co., Ltd (000546.SZ)
- Gansu Shangfeng Cement Co., Ltd. (000672.SZ)
- Jiangxi Wannianqing Cement Co., Ltd. (000789.SZ)
- Xinjiang Tianshan Cement Co., Ltd. (000877.SZ)
- Henan Tongli Cement Co., Ltd. (000885.SZ)
- Sichuan Shuangma Cement Co., Ltd. (000935.SZ)
- Shanghai Everjoy Health Group Co., Ltd. (002162.SZ)
- YOUNGY Co., Ltd. (002192.SZ)
- Xinjiang Guotong Pipeline Co., Ltd. (002205.SZ)
- Guangdong Tapai Group Co., Ltd. (002233.SZ)
- Beijing Oriental Yuhong Waterproof Technology Co., Ltd. (002271.SZ)
- China West Construction Group Co., Ltd. (002302.SZ)
- Hubei Guochuang Hi-Tech Material Co., Ltd. (002377.SZ)
- Xiamen Academy of Building Research Group Co., Ltd. (002398.SZ)
- Ningxia Qinglong Pipes Industry Co., Ltd. (002457.SZ)
- Chongqing Sansheng Industrial Co., Ltd. (002742.SZ)
- Xiamen Wanli Stone Stock Co., Ltd. (002785.SZ)
- CSG Holding Co., Ltd. ( 200012.SZ)
- Beijing Taikong Panel Industry Co., Ltd. (300344.SZ)
- Beijing Hengtong Innovation Luxwood Technology Co., Ltd. (300374.SZ)
- Guangdong Dowstone Technology Co., Ltd. (300409.SZ)
- Hubei Sanxia New Building Materials Co., Ltd. (600293.SH)
- Xinjiang Qingsong Building Materials and Chemicals (Group) Co., Ltd. (600425.SH)
- Ningxia Building Materials Group Co., Ltd. (600449.SH)
- Taiyuan Lion-head Cement Co., Ltd. (600539.SH)
- Triumph Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (600552.SH)
- Anhui Conch Cement Company Limited (600585.SH)
- Jinjing Science & Technology Stock Co., Ltd. (600586.SH)
- Sichuan Golden Summit (Group) Joint-Stock Co., Ltd. (600678.SH)
- Gansu Qilianshan Cement Group Co., Ltd. (600720.SH)
- Huaxin Cement Co., Ltd. (600801.SH)
- Fujian Cement Inc. (600802.SH)
- Shanghai Yaohua Pilkington Glass Group Co., Ltd. (600819.SH)
- Luoyang Glass Company Limited (600876.SH)
- Jilin Yatai (Group) Co. Ltd. (600881.SH)
- Yunnan Bowin Technology Industry Co., Ltd. (600883.SH)
- BBMG Corp.(601992.SH)
- Beijing Hanjian Heshan Pipeline Co., Ltd. (603616.SH)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.