In 2016, China produced 808.37 million tons of crude steel, increasing by 1.2% YOY; the production volume of steel products and pig iron was 1,138.01 million tons and 700.74 million tons, up by 2.3% and 0.7% YOY respectively. The production volume of ferroalloy was 35.59 million tons, down by 2.8%. In 2016, China exported 108.43 million tons of steel products, down by 3.5% YOY; import was 13.21 million tons, up by 3.4% YOY.
The import of iron ore was 1,024.12 million tons, up by 7.5% YOY.
According to the report, China's steel industry has been gloomy in recent years. The steel composite price dropped by 5.86% in 2013, 16.19% in 2014 and 32.16% in 2015, finishing at 56.19 at the end of 2015. However, it began to recover in March 2016.
In light of the severe overcapacity of steel production, the State Council issued Opinions on Resolving Superfluous Production Capacity in the Steel Industry in February 2016. It was stated that the industry shall take three to five years to reduce the production capacity of steel by 100 million tons to 150 million tons. It is estimated that from 2017 to 2020, over 90 million tons of crude steel production capacity needs to be eliminated, but at the meantime new production capacity shall be put in place.
This report analyzes 48 steel enterprises listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Shandong Jinling Mining Co., Ltd. (000655.SZ)
- Daye Special Steel Co., Ltd. (000708.SZ)
- Hesteel Company Limited (000709.SZ)
- SGIS Songshan Co., Ltd. (000717.SZ)
- Bengang Steel Plates Co., Ltd. (000761.SZ)
- Xinxing Ductile Iron Pipes Co., Ltd. (000778.SZ)
- Shanxi Taigang Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. (000825.SZ)
- Jiangsu Fasten Company Limited (000890.SZ)
- Angang Steel Co., Ltd. (000898.SZ)
- Zheshang Development Group Co., Ltd. (000906.SZ)
- Hunan Valin Steel Co., Ltd. (000932.SZ)
- Beijing Shougang Co., Ltd. (000959.SZ)
- Jiangsu Shagang Co., Ltd. (002075.SZ)
- Sansteel Minguang Co., Ltd., Fujian (002110.SZ)
- Henan Hengxing Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (002132.SZ)
- Jiangsu Tongrun Equipment Technology Co., Ltd. (002150.SZ)
- Zhejiang Jiuli Hi-Tech Metals Co., Ltd. (002318.SZ)
- Zhejiang Kingland Pipeline and Technologies Co., Ltd. (002443.SZ)
- Jiangsu Changbao Steeltube Co., Ltd. (002478.SZ)
- Qingdao East Steel Tower Stock Co., Ltd. (002545.SZ)
- Xiamen Sunrise Group Co., Ltd. (002593.SZ)
- Anhui Fuhuang Steel Structure Co., Ltd. (002743.SZ)
- Yongxing Special Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. (002756.SZ)
- Bengang Steel Plates Co., Ltd. (200761.SZ)
- Inner Mongolia Baotou Steel Union Co., Ltd. (600010.SH)
- Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600019.SH)
- Shandong Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd. (600022.SH)
- Xining Special Steel Co., Ltd. (600117.SH)
- Hangzhou Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600126.SH)
- Ningxia Xinri Hengli Steel Wire Rope Co., Ltd. (600165.SH)
- Lingyuan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600231.SH)
- Nanjing Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600282.SH)
- Gansu Jiu Steel Group Hongxing Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600307.SH)
- Fushun Special Steel Co., Ltd. (600399.SH)
- Fangda Special Steel Technology Co., Ltd. (600507.SH)
- Anyang Iron & Steel Inc. (600569.SH)
- Xinjiang Ba Yi Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600581.SH)
- Shanghai Broadband Technology Co., Ltd. (600608.SH)
- Xinyu Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600782.SH)
- Luyin Investment Group Co., Ltd. (600784.SH)
- Maanshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (600808.SH)
- Guizhou Wire Rope Co., Ltd. (600992.SH)
- Liuzhou Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. (601003.SH)
- Chongqing Iron And Steel Company Limited (601005.SH)
- Jiangsu Yulong Steel Pipe Co., Ltd. (601028.SH)
- Jiangsu Safety Wire Rope Co., Ltd. (603028.SH)
- Jiangsu Wujin Stainless Steel Pipe Group Co., Ltd. (603878.SH)
- Silvery Dragon Prestressed Materials Co., Ltd. Tianjin (603969.SH)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.