In 2016 in China, the production volume of pulp was 11,619,500 tons; that of machine-made paper and paperboard was 123 million tons; that of uncoated printing and writing paper was 7,236,100 tons; that of newsprint paper was 2.919 million tons; that of paper products was 91,902,900 tons. During the year, China imported 124,000 tons of paper products. The export delivery value of papermaking and paper products was CNY 59.16 billion, increasing by 4.5% YOY.
In 2016, the production value of China's forestry industry exceeded CNY 6 trillion for the first time and the import and export value reached USD 136 billion, making China the largest country to produce, trade and consume forestry products. The production value of the forestry industry increased by 15.6 times from CNY 409 billion in 2001 to CNY 6.4 trillion in 2016.
In 2016, State Forestry Administration initiated pilot programs of National Forest Experience Base and National Forest Health Development Base by building 21 national forest parks and jointly raising CNY 100 billion of funding with Chinese commercial banks to invest in forestry projects, inventing the development mode integrating forestry and capital. On one hand, the depreciation of CNY favors Chinese paper companies in global competition. On the other, rising costs, materials and debt in USD will incur exchange losses on paper companies that import wood pulp and waste paper.
This report analyzes 34 paper and forestry enterprises listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
- Earnings per Share
- Book Value per Share (BPS)
- Sales per Share (SPS)
- Net Cash Flow per Share from Operations
- Net Cash Flow per Share (CNY)
- Return on Net Worth
- Net Profit Margin on Total Assets
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) (%)
- Gross Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- Net Profit Margin on Sales (%)
- EBIT Margin (%)
- EBITDA Margin (%)
- Debt to Asset Ratio (%)
- Total Asset Turnover (times)
- Cash/Operating Income Received from Sales of Goods or Services
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Revenue (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Operating Profit (%)
- YOY Growth Rate of Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (%)
- Gross Revenue (CNY, million)
- Total Operating Costs (CNY, million)
- Revenue (CNY, million)
- Operating Profit (CNY, million)
- Total Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- Net Profit Deducting Non-recurring Items (CNY, million)
- R&D Costs (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) (CNY, million)
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) (CNY, million)
- Liquid Asset (CNY, million)
- Fixed Asset (CNY, million)
- Long-term Equity Investment
- Total Assets (CNY, million)
- Liquid Liability (CNY, million)
- Non-current Liability (CNY, million)
- Total Liability (CNY, million)
- Capital Reserve (CNY, million)
- Surplus Reserve (CNY, million)
- Undistributed Profit (CNY, million)
- Shareholders' Equity (CNY, million)
- Equity Attributable to Shareholders of Parent Company (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Sales of Goods and Services (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Operations (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid to Purchase Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and Other Long-term Assets (CNY, million)
- Cash Paid for Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Investments (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Investors (CNY, million)
- Cash Received from Borrowings (CNY, million)
- Cash Flow from Financing (CNY, million)
- Net Increase of Cash and Cash Equivalents (CNY, million)
- Cash and Cash Equivalents, End of Period (CNY, million)
- Depreciation and Amortization (CNY, million)
- Shandong Chenming Paper Group Co., Ltd. (000488.SZ)
- Jiangmen Sugarcane Chemical Factory (Group) Co., Ltd. (000576.SZ)
- Zhongfu Straits (Pingtan) Development Company Limited (000592.SZ)
- Fujian Yongan Forestry (Group) Joint-Stock Co., Ltd. (000663.SZ)
- Mcc Meili Cloud Computing Industry Investment Co., Ltd. (000815.SZ)
- Guangxi Guitang (Group) Co., Ltd. (000833.SZ)
- Dare Power Dekor Home Co., Ltd. (000910.SZ)
- Zhejiang Kan Specialities Material Co., Ltd. (002012.SZ)
- Dehua TB New Decoration Material Co., Ltd. (002043.SZ)
- Shandong Sun Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (002078.SZ)
- Xiamen Anne Co., Ltd. (002235.SZ)
- Guangdong Weihua Corporation (002240.SZ)
- Sichuan Shengda Forestry Industry Co., Ltd. (002259.SZ)
- Dalian Zeus Entertainment Co., Ltd. (002354.SZ)
- Qifeng New Material Co., Ltd. (002521.SZ)
- Der Future Science & Technology Holding Group Co., Ltd. (002631.SZ)
- Fujian Jinsen Forestry Co., Ltd. (002679.SZ)
- Shenzhen Yuto Packaging Technology Co., Ltd. (002831.SZ)
- Dongguan Golden Sun Abrasives Co., Ltd. (300606.SZ)
- Henan Yinge Industrial Investment Co., Ltd. (600069.SH)
- Kangxin New Materials Co., Ltd. (600076.SH)
- Fujian Qingshan Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (600103.SH)
- Jilin Forest Industry Co., Ltd. (600189.SH)
- Minfeng Special Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (600235.SH)
- Yunnan Jinggu Forestry Co., Ltd. (600265.SH)
- Shandong Huatai Paper Industry Shareholding Co., Ltd. (600308.SH)
- Mudanjiang Hengfeng Paper Co., Ltd. (600356.SH)
- Guangdong Guanhao High-Tech Co., Ltd. (600433.SH)
- Shenzhen Geoway Co., Ltd. (600462.SH)
- Anhui Shanying Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (600567.SH)
- Yibin Paper Industry Co., Ltd. (600793.SH)
- Yueyang Forest & Paper Co., Ltd. (600963.SH)
- Shandong Bohui Paper Co., Ltd. (600966.SH)
- Guangxi Fenglin Wood Industry Group Co., Ltd. (601996.SH)
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.