This outlook study provides an understanding of the motors and drives market in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines) and Australia-New Zealand for 2017. It discusses the current market scenario and expected changes by analyzing the key trends impacting demand and use of motors and drives, including use of smart sensors in motors, setting energy-efficiency norms, and expecting integration problems to persist before results emerge.
Growth in the SEA market for motors and drives in 2016 was slow despite it being relatively insulated from the global downturn. Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia were among the largest markets in the region and indispensable for motors and drives suppliers. Some of the initiatives planned for 2016 and beyond have been completed as planned while a few policies to promote trade and investment in the region were formulated. Being an ongoing activity, formulation and implementation of regulations has been covered in brief.
Revenue generated in the motors market was $1,800.0 million in 2016 while the drives market hit $409.4 million. As a part of this outlook study, this report identifies the key trends that will impact the motors and drives market in 2017, particularly for oil and gas; power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; water and wastewater treatment; construction and mining; food and beverage; and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) end users.
It takes into account the following:
- Key elements in the value chain
- Collaboration between existing and new entities
- Impact of energy regulations and how stakeholders can benefit
The study also provides information on technology related to the deployment of motors and drives in the region and identifies growth areas. It discusses the value chain and the changes that are likely to take place when new technologies are introduced that will be important for end users (e.g., need for motor control from mobile devices).
The study discusses the new technologies (security via encryption; smart sensors) introduced by leading companies (e.g., ABB, Siemens A.G.), and the market share of suppliers of motors and drives. Also, the steps to be taken by suppliers in order to benefit from the developments noticed in the industry are identified as well as the major parameters considered by end users while choosing a supplier.
Key Questions This Study Will Address:
- What are the main trends and changes expected for each region?
- What new products and services were launched in 2016?
- What is the technology outlook for 2017?
- Where are the growth opportunities for companies and how can they take action?
1. Key Highlights of 2016
2. Top Trends for 2017
3. Top Predictions for 2017
Research Scope and Segmentation
1. Research Scope and Segmentation - Study Period and Countries
2. Research Scope and Segmentation - End Users
3. Research Scope and Segmentation - Motors
4. Research Scope and Segmentation - Drives
5. Research Aim and Objectives
Product Breakdown and Market Analysis
1. Market Revenue - 2016
2. Market Revenue Forecast - 2017
3. Breakdown by Type, Motors and Drives - 2016
4. Market Leaders of 2016 - Motors and Drives
5. Distribution Channel Trends of 2016
1. Regional Market Growth
2. Key Regional Market - Emerging Economies
3. Energy Efficiency Trends
End-user Segment by Product Type
1. Revenue by End-user Application - Motors
2. Revenue by End-user Application - Drives
3. Key End-user Industry Trends - 2017
4. 2016 Key Influencers for End Users
New Product/Service Launches 2016
1. New Product/Service Launches 2016
Key Trends to Watch - Motors and Drives Market
1. Trend 1 - Use of Smart Sensors in Motors
2. Trend 2 - Setting Energy Efficiency Norms
3. Trend 3 - Integration Problems to Persist before Results Emerge
1. Key Technology Trends 2016 and 2017
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
1. TIES Project - 5 Major Growth Opportunities
2. Growth Opportunity 1 - Predictive Maintenance
3. Growth Opportunity 2 - Collaboration along the Value Chain
4. Growth Opportunity 3 - IIoT and Big Data
5. Growth Opportunity 4 - Balancing Regulations with Requirements
6. Growth Opportunity 5 - Growing Energy Needs
1. Key Conclusions
2. Legal Disclaimer
1. Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
2. Learn More - Next Steps
3. Additional Sources of Information on Motors and Drives