The research service provides an overview of track and trace solutions for Central Sterile Supply Departments (CSSDs). The study profiles the track and trace solution capability of all the key companies in the world along with some of the capabilities of their key products.
Key Target Audience
Clients in infection control sector and inventory management space would be interested in this research service. The target audience also includes IT solutions providers, managed services providers, and offsite sterilization service providers.
This study profiles the key companies in the track and trace instrument sterilization space across the globe. Many facilities are now realizing the importance of track and traceability solutions as they look to improve patient safety, reduce costs, effectively manage large number of instruments inventory, and maximize revenues from CSSDs. The tracking of surgical instruments helps in improving the efficiency and reducing the costs of hospitals, especially the larger hospitals which have to manage several instruments across various departments. Furthermore, tracking also saves time and enables organizations to avoid unnecessary costs in purchasing and replacing the hard-to-locate surgical instruments.
Around 60% of facilities are beginning to embrace comprehensive instrument tracking solutions. The adoption of track and trace solutions has always been high in large hospitals; however, it has been observed that even smaller facilities are reaping the benefits of instrument tracking systems in recent years. More hospitals are showing an interest in instrument-level tracking, with some vendors seeing the greatest push from multi-facility organizations that aim to embrace instrument-level tracking at the corporate or regional level.
There are both stand-alone track and trace solution providers for CSSDs and the track and trace solutions integrated with operating rooms.
Majority of the market penetration has been in the United States and Europe. The adoption of track and trace solution has addressed the shortage of staff in many labs, increased efficiency of CSSDs, and improved and ensured patient safety in surgery by reducing hospital-acquired infection concerns partly.
There are different types of solution providers. Most of them are established brands that have a presence in sterilization/infection prevention industry globally, while some of them are only track and trace solution providers in the domestic markets. The track and trace instrument sterilization market is highly fragmented with no clear market leaders. Getinge, Censis Techonologies, B Braun Melsungen AG, TGX Medical Systems, and SignaKey LLC are a few of the market participants in the track and trace solution space.
- Executive Summary-Market Snapshot
- Surgical Instrument Tracking Overview
- Surgical Instrument Tracking Solutions-Trends
- Track and Trace Benefits
- Track and Trace-Surgical Instruments Maintenance Lifecycle Flowchart
- Why Hospitals Need to Track and Trace Surgical Instruments
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Highlights
- Company Dashboard-TGX Medical Systems
- Company Dashboard-Materials Management Microsystems
- Company Dashboard-OI-TECH
- Company Dashboard-Xerafy
- Company Dashboard-Censis Technologies, Inc.
- Company Dashboard-Getinge Group (Altrax)
- Company Dashboard-Steris (Synergy Health)
- Company Dashboard-Nexus (IBH Datentechnik GmbH)
- Company Dashboard-Key Surgical
- Company Dashboard-Becton, Dickinson and Company (Carefusion)
- Company Dashboard-B. Braun Melsungen AG (Aesculap Inc)
- Company Dashboard-NuTrace
- Company Dashboard-Aexis Medical
- Company Dashboard-Jensen Instrument Technologies
- Company Dashboard-OnSolution (LTrace)
- Company Dashboard-SafMed
- Company Dashboard-SignaKey LLC
- Company Dashboard-Haldor Advanced Technologies Ltd.
- Company Dashboard-MMM Group Limited
- Aexis Medical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG (Aesculap Inc)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (Carefusion)
- Censis Technologies, Inc.
- Getinge Group (Altrax)
- Haldor Advanced Technologies Ltd.
- Jensen Instrument Technologies
- Key Surgical
- MMM Group Limited
- Materials Management Microsystems
- Nexus (IBH Datentechnik GmbH)
- OnSolution (LTrace)
- SignaKey LLC
- Steris (Synergy Health)
- TGX Medical Systems