This research service analyzes current and future trends in the global humidity and moisture sensors market for diverse process and discrete applications. The market analysis is based on end users and product types segmented into process and non-process industries. Market trends and forecasts are further broken down by technology, product type, sensor type, and geographic region. The research service outlines the competitive structure and provides a total market share analysis. The forecast period is from 2017 to 2023, with 2016 as the base year.
The global humidity and moisture sensors market size is expected to hit USD 1.90 billion by 2023. Though recent decline in crude oil prices has impacted the growth of recovery gas through fracking, once the oil prices improve a number of technologies like tunable diode laser (TDLAS) and thermal paramagnetic will experience a surge in sales. Chemicals and petrochemicals, power generation, food and beverages, specialty chemicals, and gaseous effluents are the fastest-growing end-user segments of humidity and moisture sensors climbing at upwards of a 12% compound annual growth rate (CAGR). Humidity has a pronounced effect on product quality, performance, safety, and cost, so maintaining correct moisture ratios stimulates higher yields in process applications, in certain cases over 100%. This has led to increased adoption of monitoring sensors in most regions, but more so in North America and Europe.
Detection, measurement, and control of humidity and moisture ensure operational efficiency and safety during discrete manufacturing. Increased use of humidity sensors is seen across a number of discrete industry end-user segments; specifically, the surge of use in automotive, semiconductors, soil testing, and HVAC for commercial and industrial applications has resulted in the development of both combined sensors (e.g., humidity sensors used with temperature and pH sensors) and smaller form factors used for diverse applications. The combined sensors are used particularly in climate control and environmental applications for maintaining desired humidity levels and keeping acidity under check.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What are the key market dynamics?
- What are the key technologies on which humidity and moisture sensors are based, and what are the growth patterns?
- Who are the main competitors in the global market?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- How is the adoption of newer technologies vis-á-vis changing user needs across vertical markets?
- What are the key application areas and trends for humidity and moisture sensors in process and non-process industries?
- Who are the top end users poised for higher growth?
Humidity and Moisture measurement has attained importance due to safety and increase in yield in process applications. Non-contact technologies like TDLAS and IR are increasingly used in gas humidity analysis. Combinational meters measuring humidity/ moisture and other parameters like pH, temperature, are replacing stand alones. Accuracy of measurement is the key purchase factor. In the process industry sector humidity and moisture sensors are key to maintain process integrity.
- Key Findings
- Global Snapshot
- Top Level Market Assessment
- Share of Industry Sector and Vertical Applications
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
- Market Definitions
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
4. Drivers and Restraints-Total Humidity and Moisture Sensors Market
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
6. Forecasts and Trends-Total Humidity and Moisture Sensors Market
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Share by Industry Sector
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Industry Sector
- Percent Revenue Forecast by End Users
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Key Technologies
- Percent Revenue Share by Technology
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Technology
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Revenue Forecast for Process Sector
- Revenue Forecast by Technology Type
- Revenue Forecast of Process Sector End Users
- Percent Revenue by Process Sector End Users
- Revenue Forecast Discussion for Process Sector End Users
- Revenue Forecast for Non-process Sector
- Revenue Forecast of Non-process Sector End Users
- Percent Revenue by Non-Process End Users
- Revenue Forecast Discussion of Non-process Sector End Users
- Percent Revenue Share by Product Type
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Product Type
- Revenue Forecast by Product Type
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Product Type
- Percent Revenue Share by Sensor Type
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Sensor Type
- Revenue Forecast by Sensor Type
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Sensor Type
- Geographic Analysis
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Region
- Emerging End-user Markets in Key Geographic Regions and Countries
- Market Distribution Channels
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Distribution Channel
- Distribution Trend Analysis
15. Market Share Analysis
- Market Share
- Market Share Analysis
- List of Companies
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Humidity and Moisture Sensors-SWOT Analysis
- Top Competitors
- Key Competitors-Humidity and Moisture Sensors
- Company Profile-SpectraSensors
- SWOT Analysis-SpectraSensors
- Company Profile-Neo Monitors
- SWOT Analysis-Neo Monitors
- Company Profile-AMETEK Process Instruments
- SWOT Analysis-AMETEK Process Instruments
- Company Profile-Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- SWOT Analysis-Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Company Profile-Focused Photonics Inc.
- SWOT Analysis-Focused Photonics Inc.
- Technology Trends-Acoustic and Optical Humidity Sensors
- Technology Trends-IC-based Humidity and Combined IC-based Sensors
- IC-based Humidity and Moisture Sensor Applications
- TDLAS-Application Trends
- TDLAS-Overview and Key Trends
20. Growth Opportunities Strategies
- Humidity and Moisture Sensor Applications-Market Attractiveness
- Opportunity Analysis
- Humidity and Moisture Sensors in Analyzer Applications-Key Trends
- Humidity and Moisture Sensors-Key End-user Applications
22. PESTLE Analysis
- Humidity and Moisture Sensors in Process Applications: Impact of Socio-economic Factors-PESTLE Analysis
- Key Findings
- Key Takeaways
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- AMETEK Process Instruments
- Focused Photonics Inc.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation