The oil, gas, and alternative energy industries are subject to volatile market swings and evolving technologies. In an ever-changing climate, appraisers face serious challenges when valuing segments in this complicated industry. The new special report, “What It’s Worth: Valuing Oil, Gas, and Alternative Energy Assets, Second Edition” keeps business appraisers, analysts and owners current with the key trends, data, and valuation approaches in this constantly evolving space.
This report is a must-have resource, which provides fundamental insights into the considerations and nuanced areas that factor into a valuation of an oil, gas, or alternative energy business. Get perspective from experts on the challenges, key valuation drivers, and opportunities in oil, gas, and alternative energy sectors. Plus, learn how the courts ruled on key aspects of valuations with in-depth analysis of important cases. Highlights of the report include:
Get an insider’s view of how to identify the numerous systemic and non-systemic risks intrinsic in evaluating the prospective economic viability of an oil and gas prospect or investment - a comprehensive case study walks readers through the research process a team of appraisers completed to determine the risks involved
Learn the unique value drivers to take into consideration for an oil and gas company and asset valuation - includes a summary of the valuation parameters arising from the lower costs that service companies have adopted to survive in a more competitive environment
Get key insights on the evolving wind and solar energy industries - learn how the valuation of these promising companies is different than traditional valuations and what drivers need to be included in the valuation
Stay current on case law related to the valuation of oil and gas businesses - learn valuable lessons from the analysis of 17 court cases where oil and gas related business valuations were front and center
Benchmark value in several segments of the energy industry with transaction data from Pratt’s Stats and rules of thumb from the Business Reference Guide.
1. Valuing Oil And Gas Investments: It’S All About Risk
By Mark W. Shirley
2. Eleven Lessons Learned from An Improper Wacc/Capm Calculation
By Mark W. Shirley
3. Determining the Fair Value of Oil And Gas Reserves
By Lauren Clyburn
4. Factors to Consider in a Valuation of Unconventional Oil And Gas Rights
5. The Oilfield Services And Equipment Industry: Seven Key Value Drivers
By Steve Sprenger, Cfa
6. Using Oil And Gas Royalty Trusts to Value Minority Interests in Similar Holdings
7. Midstream Oil And Gas Asset Valuation Methods And a Case Study
8. Experts Answer Queries On Hot Topics Affecting Midstream Oil And Gas Firms
9. Shining a Light On Solar Energy Companies: Key Value Drivers And Valuation Issues
10. Wind Farm Valuations: Special Issues to Consider
11. OTC Derivatives in the Energy Sector: Why, What, And How Do Oil And Gas Companies Hedge?
12. Nine Pitfalls of Valuing Otc Derivatives in the Oil And Gas Industry
13. Valuation Multiples for Oil And Gas Exploration And Production (E&P) Companies Based On Pratt’S Stats
By Adam Manson
14. Valuation Multiples for Oil And Gas Field Services Companies Based On Pratt’S Stats
By Adam Manson
15. Pricing Oil And Gas-Related Businesses-Rules of Thumb
16. Court Case Analysis: Oil And Gas Industry Valuation
- Carlton Energy Group, Llc V. Phillips
- In Re El Paso Corp. Shareholders Litigation
- Lemmen V. Lemmen
- Pattridge V. Starks
- Ross V. Rothstein
- Southwestern Energy Production Co. V. Berry-Helfand
- Superior Offshore International, Inc. V. Schaefer
- Taubman V. U.S. Bank, N.A.
- In Re the Marriage of Thornhill (I)
- In Re Marriage of Thornhill (Ii)
- In Re Tronox Incorporated
- Txco Resources, Inc. V. Peregrine Petroleum, Llc (In Re: Txco Resources, Inc.)
- U.S. Securities And Exchange Commission V. St. Anselm Exploration Co.
- Utah Res. Int’L, Inc. V. Mark Techs. Corp.
- Westerngeco Llc V. Ion Geophysical Corp.
- W.G. Anderson, Et Al. V. United States
- Whyte V. C/R Energy Coinvestment Ii, L.P. (In Re Semcrud)
Appendix: For More Information