The High-Tech Materials TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on various materials across industries. Some material technologies include lightweight materials, bio-based materials, ceramics, smart materials, fibers, nanomaterials, responsive materials, polymers, woven and non woven materials, polymers and plastics and packaging materials.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
- Boron Carbide Powders with High Hardness and Chemical Resistance
- Composite Metal Foam and Boron Carbide Ceramics for Making Ultra-strong and Ultra-lightweight Armor
- Lightweight Silicon Carbide Composites for Ballistic Protection
- Fine Silicon Carbide Powders for Passive Armor
- United States and China Lead in IP Filings
- Use of Low-cost Manufacturing Techniques can Drive Adoption of Non-Oxide Ceramics for Bulletproofing Applications
- Patents Focusing on Developing Non-oxide Ceramics for Bulletproofing Applications