"Consumer Trends: Niche Tourism", report draws on the expertise of Our consumer panel of respondents to provide opinion and insight about the key drivers of booking trends & behaviors. This reports highlights niche tourism preferences amongst outbound tourists.
Despite the popularity of food and health & wellness tourism, consumers still prefer to relax and go to the beach while on holiday. Relaxation (76%) , sun & beach holidays (65%), city breaks (60%) and cultural trips (57%) are the most picked options when it comes to reasons to book a holiday. Religious tourism is the least picked option with 22% of all respondents either somewhat likely or extremely likely to book a holiday for this purpose.
The total number of international arrivals into the US dropped by 1.1% in 2016 to 76.6 million (77.5 million in 2015), mainly caused by the strong dollar which made it less attractive for foreigners to visit the country. The US saw less visitors from Europe, which was down 4% in comparison to 2015. However, growth is predicted in almost every US state in terms of international visitors over the next five years.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information and insights
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Germany’s outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Germany’s outbound tourism sector.
- City breaks are favored by Central & South Americans (67%), while Europe and North America score below average when it comes to city breaks.
- Chinese tourists are the most likely to book a city break with 79% of all respondents either somewhat likely or extreme likely to book.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using survey data related to holiday preferences across 36 markets
- Understand consumer behaviour to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source markets