"Cigarettes in the Ivory Coast, 2018", is an analytical country report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Ivory Coast has traditionally been one of the most promising markets for cigarette manufacturers and importers. A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost volumes. Contraband sales, as in many other African nations, are an important feature of the local cigarette market and increased in late 2002 as hostilities intensified. The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share.
- A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost cigarette consumption volumes.
- Significant investment by SITAB in its local production capacity allowed volumes to expand and sales to grow by almost 18.4% in 2010 to 3,619 million pieces.
- The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share. Economy brands are the most important segment of the market. Increases in internal tax rates were announced in December 2014, and these came into effect at the beginning of 2015. Meeting the requirements of UEMCA was given as a main reason for these further increases in internal taxes.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this report about?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017, Million Pieces
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, %
Table 5: Segmentation by Price Sector, 2005 & 2006, %
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, %, 2000-2017
Table 8: Cigarette Prices, Leading Brands, 2003-2010
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 10: Adult Prevalence of Smoking (%), Tobacco and Cigarettes, 2009
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 13: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, %
Table 15: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 16: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Cigarette Exports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, %
Table 18: Société Ivoirienne des Tabacs (SITAB) SA
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- Société Ivoirienne des Tabacs (SITAB)
- Imperial Tobacco
- IDT (Ivoirienne de Distribution de Tabac)
- British American Tobacco
- Coralma International
- Philip Morris
- CAITACI (Compagnie Agricole et Industrielle des Tabacs de Cote d'Ivoire)