Due to average emission targets, OEMs aim to reduce SUV segment emissions by adopting more PHEVs and FHEVs to lead the adoption of electrified SUVs.
This study aims to analyse and forecast the global e-SUV market outlook and technology trends for 2016.
- Market trends (emission regulations/mandates, upcoming vehicle segment, hybrid/electric technologies and key partnerships)
- Regional trends (Europe, North America, China, Japan, and South Korea)
- Services, solution, strategy adoption, and technologies for specific segments such as passenger vehicles with crossover and SUV segments
- Highlights of key opportunities created by Tier 1 suppliers and vehicle manufacturers.
Market measurements are analyzed for 2015, 2016, 2020 and 2025. Global SUV penetration is shown by the type of electric/hybrid technology and year-on-year growth rate by regions. An extensive list of start-ups to watch for in 2017 and their key technology trends in the e-SUV industry have been discussed.
OEM strategies, growth analysis, competitive landscape, and future technology trends are discussed in the competitive analysis segment involving OEMs (Tesla, Audi, Geely Group, Daimler, Volkswagen, BYD, Mitsubishi, Kia, and BMW) and Tier 1 supplier. The base year for the study is 2016 and forecast has been provided up to 2025. A growing number of OEMs are starting to look at powertrain electrification / hybridization as a solution to meet the increasing pressure from governmental authorities to meet the emission and fuel efficiency targets.
The study discusses the key market breakdowns, trends, strategies, and challenges impacting the global market. It also provides an overview of the regional impact of various OEM strategies and comparative analysis of all the advanced technologies for e-SUVs. OEMs are adopting new crossover and SUV segments with hybrid features to address the fleet average emissions target. This growth is also expected to be propelled by favorable government policies, increasing incentives, declining lifetime cost of ownership, and falling prices of batteries, which reduces the overall cost of the vehicle.
Key Questions This Study will Answer:
- What are the top technology trends and key models that will be the launched from 2016? What are their impacts?
- What is the key SUV segment that cars look for in 2016? What are the companies to watch for in 2016?
- What is the market share and upcoming market regions for the e-SUV market?
- What is the impact of emission regulatory and macro-economic trends on market growth?
- What are the opportunities for upcoming market players and suppliers in 2017-2025? What are their impacts?
1.1. Global Uptake of Electrification in Passenger Vehicles
1.2. Electric Vehicle Growth Analysis by Country 2016
1.3. Competitive Analysis - Top Selling Plug-in and Electric SUV by Region
1.4. e-SUV Market - Market Share Analysis by Region
1.5. Growth Opportunities in Hybrids and Electric SUV
2. Vehicle Segmentation
2.1. Electric Vehicle Segmentation
2.2. Electric Propulsion Technology
2.3. Vehicle/Powertrain Segmentation
3. Global Uptake Of Electrification In Passenger Vehicles
3.1. Global Uptake of Electrification in Passenger Vehicles
3.2. Electric Vehicle Growth Analysis by Country 2016
3.3. Why Electrify SUVs?
4. Competitive Analysis
4.1. Competitive Analysis - Top Selling Plug-in and Electric SUV by Region
4.2. Comparative Positioning of Plug-in Hybrid SUVs
4.3. Comparative Analysis of OEMs vs Vehicle Segment
4.4. Comparative Analysis on OEM Brand Positioning
4.5. Comparative Positioning of Plug-in Hybrid and Electric SUVs
4.6. Comparative Positioning of Mild and Full Hybrid SUVs
4.7. Comparative Analysis of Different OEMs Premium Electric SUV
4.8. Comparative Analysis of Different OEMs Premium Plug-in SUV
5. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
5.1. e-SUV - 5 Major Growth Opportunities
5.2. Growth Opportunity - Social Collaboration
5.3. Strategic Imperatives for E-SUVs
6. Technology and Vehicle Roadmap
6.1. Key e-SUV Upcoming Models Roadmap
6.2. e-SUV Models Roadmap by OEM
7. Conclusions and Future Outlook
7.1. Key Conclusions and 2025 Outlook
7.2. Legal Disclaimer
8.1. List of Abbreviations