"Cigarettes in Azerbaijan, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Azerbaijan is one of the more significant cigarette markets that emerged following the break-up of the former Soviet Union in the early 1990s. The market has been characterized by widely fluctuating levels of consumption of legitimate cigarettes year-on-year although underlying consumption has been rising and the benefits of relatively strong GDP growth have filtered down into higher personal disposable incomes. Although volumes were up by 3.5% in 2012 they fell by 11.6% as a consequence of rising prices during 2013 to 13.02 billion pieces. Volumes were up again, by 7.2% in 2014 before collapsing 54.9% in 2015 as a consequence of a hike in excise duty. Volumes are forecast to reach 7,000 million pieces in 2016.
- Legitimate cigarette sales are expected to increase over the coming decade following their recent collapse.
- Nevertheless, growth will be tempered by the effects of tighter restrictions and likely higher prices affect sales.
- Volumes in 2026 are forecast at 9.8 billion pieces, 20.2% up on 2015 levels.
- Per capita consumption is set to end 2026 up 30.2% at 923 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. Production & Trade
7. The Smoking Population
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Cigarette Consumption: Apparent & Reported Sales, 2000-2015, Billion Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % of Total Market
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2016, % Volume
Table 8: Average Cigarette Prices, 2000-2015, Manats
Table 9: Prices by brand, 2015 and 2016
Table 10: Prices by brand (Imperial Tobacco), March 2016
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 12: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 13: Azerbaijan, Smoking Population by sex, 2015
Table 14: Cigarette Imports, 1992-2015
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, %
Table 17: Cigarette Exports, 1994-2015
Table 18: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2010, 2012, 2014-2015, Million Pieces
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2010, 2012, 2014-2015, %
Table 20: European Tobacco Baku JSC
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology