"Cigarettes in Armenia, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Armenia was a major source of tobacco products in the former Soviet Union and its aromatic tobaccos were widely prized. Cigarette production collapsed after independence as the state-owned ArmTabak went to the wall. During recent years, Armenia has benefited from strong economic growth. Legitimate consumption is estimated at 4.40 billion pieces in 2016, down 12.3% on 1990 levels. Per capita consumption is high, averaging 1,443 pieces/year in 2016 and 2.0% up on 1990.
- On the basis of legitimate trade and the total population, per capita consumption averaged 1,475 pieces/year in 2015, 4.2% up on 1990 levels.
- Forecasts for 2016 are for per capita consumption of 1,443 pieces.
- Western brands are reported to be widely available, with PMI the best-represented foreign manufacturer, with 19% of the local market in 2015 followed by JTI with 15%.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % Breakdown
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2016, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2016, %
Table 7: Fixed Duty Rates, Local & Imported Filter Cigarettes, 2008-2013, AMD/1,000
Table 8: Annual Change in Consumer Tobacco Prices, 2011-2015
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 10: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2001
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1992-2015
Table 13: Imports by Country of Origin, 2002-2015, Million Pieces
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, 2002-2015, % of Total
Table 15: Cigarette Exports, 1997-2015
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, 2002-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2002-2015, %
Table 18: Grand Tobacco Co Ltd
Table 19: International Masis Tabak LLC
Table 20: SPS Cigaronne Co Ltd
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology