"Cigarettes in Cameroon, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Cameroon market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cameroon is a relatively small market for cigarettes and one that has suffered from the problem of contraband for many years. Volumes in 2015 were up 4.8% down 1990 levels at 3.05 billion pieces with the legitimate market under threat from non-duty paid sales. Per capita sales reflect the problems caused by this sector and stood down at 128 pieces per person in 2015, low by African standards, and 52.4% down on 1990 levels.
- Despite the cigarette market contracting somewhat in recent years, volumes grew by an estimated 2.0% in 2015 to 3.05 billion pieces.
- Forecasts for 2016 are for a further 3.0% expansion in sales to 3.14 billion pieces.
- The author estimates that there were 2.54 million smokers in Cameroon in 2016 equating to 20.5% of the adult population.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Imports v Domestically Manufactured Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Imports v Domestically Manufactured Cigarettes, 2000-2015, %
Table 5: Market Segmentation: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 6: Market Segmentation: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, %
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, %
Table 9: Cigarette Prices, 2008 & 2010, FCFA Per Pack
Table 10: Market Segmentation: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2016, %
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014, Million Pieces
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015
Table 13: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2015, Million Pieces
Table 15: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology