Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz).
The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space. The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
- Lens-less FlatCam Technology for Placing and Capturing Images Anywhere
- Organic Image Sensor Technology for Near Infrared Image Capture
- Flexible-transparent Touch Sensors for Next-generation Touchscreen Technology
- Thermoelectric Organic Transistor for Detecting Minute Temperature Variations
- Image Sensor for Minimizing Exposure to X-rays
- Industry Contacts