With this strategic planning process in place, you can, in fact, align your strategic objectives with the specific resources and action plans needed to make them happen. The result, a sustained competitive advantage in quality, delivery, cost and innovation.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Gain a method for linking your major strategy objectives with the resources to execute them
- Apply the seven-step Hoshin Planning process across your organization
- Follow a back and forth refinement system known as 'catch-ball'
- Understand how to integrate other strategic planning tools, including the Balanced Scorecard
- Know how to cascade priorities throughout the organization and communicate everyone's role
- Identify tools for gauging progress and making corrective actions when needed
Why Should you Attend?
Many employees and leaders struggle to understand how they contribute to organizational objectives and how what they do on a daily basis really impacts the big picture. Planned use of Hoshin Kanri and the X-matrix can help create a visible link for everyone to understand their personal contribution. Once understood, employee engagement and productivity easily increases allowing change to become easier. Hoshin Kanri, when applied effectively in any industry, is the most powerful tool to effectively align an organization's activities to its true north. Hoshin Kanri provides a method for creating a comprehensive communication system between all levels of employees throughout the entire organization-insuring all activities are in alignment with the organization's objectives. This methodology insures that everyone in an organization knows the strategic direction of the organization and focuses each person in a common direction. A “catch-ball” environment is supported where goals, strategies, and action items are tossed back and forth between management levels to insure that each level is engaged and proactively working towards achieving planned results at a higher level.
- Understand what strategy deployment is
- Learn how Hoshin Kanri simplifies strategy deployment
- Identify the likely challenges as well as the likely benefits of using Hoshin Kanri
- Get a solid overview and path forward for considering alignment of the organization towards meeting top level goals
Impact Performance Solutions
As CEO of Impact Performance Solutions, Chris provides vision and strategic direction ensuring the customer's voice is always the loudest. She is a proven business performance improvement leader and sought after speaker. Chris is a full spectrum coach and trainer with practical experience from the shop floor to the boardroom. She has partnered with companies such as Dannon, ITT, Pepperidge Farms, and Thermo Fisher where she utilizes integrated process improvement techniques that emphasize engaging the workforce, meeting objectives and sustaining results. She is an active Fellow of ASQ and currently Chair for the Lean Enterprise Division.
Chris has served in various management positions that focused on continuous improvement throughout her career including Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager at Chromalox and Sr. Project Manager with the Manufacturing Extension Partnership under NIST. She has also served as adjunct faculty at Utah Valley University. Chris has an MBA as well as an undergrad degree in Project Management with certifications as an ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSSMBB), Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Auditor (CQA), Manager of Quality / Operational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Project Management Specialist, Human Resource Development specialist, Organizational Systems Improvement Specialist, as well as bronze certification in Lean (LBC).
- Senior leaders in search for a strategic planning method for setting breakthrough objectives and aligning the entire organization in achieving them
- Experienced leaders who require to successfully executing on strategic goals in their areas
- Managers and executives responsible for carrying out cascaded priorities