The research service provides an in-depth overview of infrastructure investment in Ethiopia for road, rail, port, airport, information and communications technology (ICT), energy, and social infrastructure. Ongoing and future infrastructure projects are discussed looking at investment amounts, public and private investors, completion dates, and threats and challenges to project completion for the next 5 years. The base year is 2015, with the forecast period being 2016 to 2020.
Key Target Audience
The key target audience would need to understand the investment and infrastructure developments in Ethiopia. Infrastructure development has the most significant impact on long-term growth opportunities in African countries. Any industry interested in the Ethiopian market will need to understand the implications of infrastructure development in transport, energy, and ICT.
Ethiopia is a sovereign landlocked country located in the north-eastern part of Africa, generally known as the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Somalia and Djibouti in the east, Sudan in the west, Kenya in the south, and Eritrea in the north. It is a member of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD). This connectivity has provided significant regional trade opportunities for the country, facilitating significant developments in transport, energy, and social infrastructure.
The government of Ethiopia has introduced an enhanced private participation to facilitate rapid developments in the roads, rail, airports, ICT, and social infrastructure of the country in the next 5 years. There are significant challenges to business in the country due to the current lack of transport, energy, ICT, and social infrastructure. Improvements in infrastructure will provide significant opportunities to businesses in Ethiopia. The period of analysis includes all current, ongoing, and planned future infrastructure projects, both in the private and public sectors.
Key infrastructure sectors covered:
- Oil & Gas
The major end customers include:
- Automotive and transportation
- Heavy industries and mining
- Other industries relying on infrastructure
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the major infrastructure investments?
- What is the amount of investment in each sector?
- What are the major threats to completion of infrastructure projects?
- Who are the major investors and construction companies in the major infrastructure projects?
- What are the financing dynamics involved in infrastructure projects?
3. Country Overview
4. Transport Infrastructure
Existing Transport Infrastructure
5. Road Infrastructure
- Existing Road Infrastructure
- Road Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
- Road Projects
- Existing Rail Infrastructure
- Rail Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
- Rail Projects
- Existing Airport Infrastructure
- Airport Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
- Airport Projects
Threat Analysis of Completion of Transport Projects
9. Energy Infrastructure
- Existing Energy Infrastructure
- Energy Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
11. Transmission and Substation Projects
- Transmission Projects
- Electricity Network Reinforcement and Expansion Project
13. Oil & Gas Projects
Oil & Gas Projects
14. Threat Analysis-Energy Projects
Threat Analysis of Completion of Energy Projects
15. ICT Infrastructure
- Existing ICT Infrastructure
- ICT Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
- ICT Projects
Threat Analysis of Completion of ICT Projects
17. Social Infrastructure
- Existing Social Infrastructure
- Social Infrastructure-Regulatory Institutions
Water and Wastewater Projects
19. Education Infrastructure
20. Health Infrastructure
21. Threat Analysis-Social Projects
Threat Analysis of Completion of Social Projects
23. The Last Word
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer