It is predicted that niche participants will assume an important role in the data communications and broadband markets in the upcoming years, whether providing services and connectivity with their own network or by unbundling incumbents’ networks. A noteworthy increase in the number of market participants - licenses grew 16% in 2016 in a mature market - has intensified competition, forcing participants to assume unique features and business strategies. It is reckless to say that only price and quality of service are sufficient to differentiate a provider, despite their weight in a negotiation or renewal. Providers must create specific business models for each segment and vertical in order to fully meet the needs of each type of customer.
Research Aim: This study aims to identify the market strategies and successful actions of niche participants in Brazil’s telecommunications business-to-business (B2B) segment. It will provide data and insights that effectively map the competitive environment.
- To provide an overview of the fragmentation of the data communications and broadband markets
- To analyze market participants by market size and share, besides features and strategies, with highlights of niche participants
- To present the growth opportunities and call to action for market participants
Becoming a partner of the customer rather than simply remaining a service provider will increase the customer's trust, paving the way for the provider to deliver more services and thus increase average revenue per user (ARPU). In order to acquire such trust, it is necessary to listen to the customer's pain points and proactively propose customized solutions to their challenges and issues. Sometimes it will be necessary to redesign the internal processes of the customer towards digital transformation in order to increase efficiency and utilize solutions of high-added value, such as those based on cloud and Internet of Thing (IoT). The adoption of these distinctive features and business strategies distinguishes niche participants, which strengths in network integration, professional services/value-added services (VAS), custom solution capabilities, high service-level agreement (SLA) and customized-proximity support, besides a lower link activation time.
Key questions this research will answer:
- What is the market size and share for niche participants in the data communications market in Brazil?
- What is the market size and share for niche participants in the broadband market in Brazil?
- What is the scenario for incumbents in data communications and broadband in Brazil?
- What are the distinctive features of niche participants in Brazil?
- What are the profiles of top niche participants in Brazil?
- What was the growth of niche participants and incumbents in 2016 in Brazil?
- Key Findings
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Study Scope
- Market Participants’ Footprint by Segment
- Industry Background
- Data Communications and Broadband Services-Market Scenario for Incumbents
- Niche Participants Competing Toe-to-Toe
- Growth Opportunity 1-Small Business
- Growth Opportunity 2-Increase Share of Wallet with Managed Services
- Growth Opportunity 3-Customer Care
- Growth Opportunity 4-Multilatinas
- Growth Opportunity 5-Retail and Agriculture
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Market Sizing of Data Communications Services in Brazil
- Market Sizing of Broadband Services in Brazil
- Data Communications Services Market-Percent Revenue by Type of Participant
- Broadband Services Market-Percent Revenue by Type of Participant
- Market Share of Niche Participants in Data Communications-Revenue
- Market Share of Niche Participants in Data Communications-Links
- Market Share of Niche Participants in Broadband-Revenue
- Market Share of Niche Participants in Broadband-LIS
- Data Communications and Broadband Niche Participants
- British Telecom Profile
- British Telecom SWOT Analysis
- Orange Profile
- Orange SWOT Analysis
- Level 3 Profile
- Level 3 SWOT Analysis
- Copel Telecom Profile
- Copel Telecom SWOT Analysis
- Other Utilities Companies
- The Last Word-Key Takeaways
- Legal Disclaimer