The global prebiotics market is expected to grow continuously in line with increasing market demand, particularly from the infant nutrition market. Furthermore, the research into prebiotics continues to progress significantly, which will thus support market growth. The future of the prebiotic ingredients market will be dependent on consumer trends in the food and beverage industry, such as the increasing demand for natural ingredients, reduced sugar, and reduced fat.
Research and Innovation will be vital to meeting these requirements and getting approval for claims. As a result, these factors will remain important for market growth. The APAC region including China is expected to dominate the market in sales terms, in line with the demand for high quality ingredients by the infant nutrition market. Other growth factors are the focus on digestive health and increasing competition.
The study estimates the global prebiotics market in 2016 and forecasts growth levels until 2021.
Prebiotics covered include:
- Fructans (Inulin and Fructo-oligosaccharide)
- Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS)
- Isomalto-oligosaccharide (IOS)
- Soy-oligosaccharide (SOS)
- Xylo-oligosaccharide (XOS)
Other soluble dietary fibres
- Soluble corn fibre
- Soluble wheat fibre
The target end-application is human nutrition which covers:
- Food and Beverage
- Infant Nutrition
- Dietary Supplements
- Sports Nutrition
- Medical Food
- Other adult nutrition
Industry challenges, market drivers and restraints to be expected during the forecast period are discussed as well as highlight of the regulatory status of prebiotics across the globe.
Innovation offers the highest growth opportunity in this market, with a number of companies already offering innovative solutions that will contribute to market growth. Therefore, the study also includes company profiles of top market participants and discusses innovative companies that offer growth opportunities in the market. Furthermore, strategic imperatives for market success and growth are highlighted.
Key Questions the Study Will Answer:
- What is the estimated market size, is the market growing, and at what rate?
- What are the trends supporting the market and which trends are likely to put some pressure on market growth?
- What are the most popular ingredients used for human nutrition and is there any upcoming ingredient?
- Are there any regional drivers and what are they?
- What companies are active in this market and what practices make them stand out?
- What are the various opportunities to grow in the market?
- Key Findings
- Market Definitions
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Market Overview - Region Scope
- Prebiotic Ingredients Definitions
- Market Overview - End Application Scope
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Segmentation by Ingredient
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Segmentation by Region
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Segmentation by End-use Application
- Market Segmentation Discussion
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Growth Opportunity Dashboard
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Revenue Forecast
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Unit Shipment Forecast
- Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Unit Shipment Forecast Discussion
- Soluble Dietary Fibre Average Prices and Trends - Summary Dashboard
- Competitive Environment
- Royal Friesland
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Innovative Companies that Offer Growth Opportunities in the Prebiotic Ingredients Market
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Regulatory Status
- Legal Disclaimer
- Prebiotic Ingredients Market - Health Benefits Overview
- List of Acronyms
- A&Z Food Additives
- CBH Qingdao Co Ltd
- New Francisco Biotechnology Corporation
- Ningbo J&S botanical
- Nissin Sugar Co. Ltd
- Promovita Ingredients Ltd (Dairy Crest)
- Royal Friesland Campina
- Sabinsa Corporation
- Shanghai Freemen
- Solabia Nutrition
- Tate and Lyle