As a kind of new-type green and environment-friendly physical energy storage device between traditional capacitor and battery, supercapacitor is the most promising technology in the field of physical energy storage and also a good supplement to other chemical energy storage technologies. Supercapacitors can be widely used in new energy vehicle, new energy power generation, construction machinery, rail transit, lifting equipment, military equipment, among others.
At present, the global supercapacitors are mainly used in consumer electronics. In the next few years, the demand for supercapacitors from electric vehicle, rail transit, new energy and other fields will grow rapidly.
At present, there are thousands of supercapacitor manufacturers around the world, of which Asian players occupy up to about 57%, followed by American ones with the share of around 26% and European counterparts holding 8%. Among them, Japan, the United States, Russia, South Korea and some European countries master comparatively mature technologies, dominating the global market.
In 2016, China’s supercapacitor market size reported roughly RMB4.96 billion, and the figure by 2020 will swell to RMB13.84 billion.
As foreign countries started earlier in the field of supercapacitors and held advanced technologies, Japan-based Panasonic and Nec Tokin, the United States-based Maxwell and other foreign products ever seized more than 90% share of the Chinese market. But with the emergence of Chinese supercapacitor companies, the share of foreign products has dropped to about 60%.
In terms of products, China's competitiveness in button-type supercapacitors is weak, while foreign products account for almost 90% of the market segment. As for winding-type and large supercapacitors, China's technical level is close to the international level, and the China-made supercapacitors make up 60%-70% of this domestic market segment.
Supported by national policies, a number of Chinese listed companies have got involved in the supercapacitor industry, mainly including Nantong Jianghai Capacitor, Chengdu Xinzhu Road&bridge Machinery and Anhui Tongfeng Electronics.
Global and China Supercapacitor Industry Report, 2017-2020 focuses on the following:
- Market size & forecast, consumption structure, competitive landscape, etc. of global supercapacitor industry;
- Market size & forecast, competitive landscape, development trends, etc. of China’s supercapacitor industry;
- Overview of supercapacitor upstream raw materials (electrode, electrolyte) market;
- Overview of supercapacitor downstream market, demand for supercapacitor and forecast, etc.;
- Profile, supercapacitor business, operation, etc. of 17 global and Chinese supercapacitor producers.
- The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1 Overview of Supercapacitor
1.1 Definition and Property
2 Global Supercapacitor Market
2.1 Development History
2.2 Market Size
2.3 Competitive Landscape
2.4 Development Prospects
2.4.1 Improve Performance and Reduce Costs
2.4.2 Stable Price; High Capacity and High Power Become Main Orientation
3 Chinese Supercapacitor Market
3.1 Development History
3.2 Industrial Policy
3.3 Market Size
3.4 Competitive Landscape
3.5 Development Trends
3.5.1 Market Size Continues Steady Growth
3.5.2 Market Competition Intensifies
3.5.3 Applications Expand as Demand Structure Changes
4 Upstream Raw Materials Market
4.1 Electrode Materials
4.1.2 Development Trend
5 Downstream Application Market
5.1 Consumer Electronics (3C)
5.2.1 New Energy Vehicle
5.2.2 Rail Transit
5.2.4 Port Machinery
5.3 Renewable Energy
5.3.1 Wind Power
5.3.2 Solar Energy
6 Major Global Supercapacitor Companies
6.1.2 Production Bases
6.1.3 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
6.1.4 Supercapacitor Business
6.1.6 Layout in China
6.1.7 Operation Data
6.2 NEC TOKIN
6.2.2 Production Bases
6.2.3 Supercapacitor Business
6.3.2 Development History and Prospects
6.3.3 Production Bases
6.3.4 Supercapacitor Business
6.3.5 Layout in China
6.3.6 Operation Data
6.4.2 Supercapacitor Business
6.4.3 Layout in China
6.4.4 Operation Data
7 Major Chinese Supercapacitor Companies
7.1 Nantong Jianghai Capacitor Co., Ltd.
7.1.2 Industrial Layout
7.1.3 Development History
7.1.4 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.1.6 Output and Sales of Products
7.1.7 Core Competence
7.1.8 Operation Data
7.2 TIG Technology Co., Ltd.
7.2.2 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.2.5 Output and Sales of Products
7.2.6 Operation Data
7.3 Man Yue Technology Holdings Limited
7.3.2 Industrial Layout
7.3.3 Development History
7.3.4 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.3.5 Output and Sales of Products
7.3.6 Core Competence
7.3.7 Operation Data
7.4 Shanghai Aowei Technology Development Co., Ltd.
7.4.2 Development History
7.4.3 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.4.5 Output and Sales of Products
7.4.6 Operation Data
7.5 Harbin Jurong New Power Co., Ltd.
7.5.2 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.5.4 Supercapacitor Business
7.6 Supreme Power Solutions Co., Ltd.
7.6.2 Industrial Layout
7.6.3 Products, Technologies, and Solutions
7.6.5 Output and Sales of Products
7.6.6 Core Competence
7.7 Bainacap Supercapacitors Co., Ltd.
7.7.2 Industrial Layout
7.7.3 Supercapacitor Business
7.8 Beijing HCC Energy Tech. Co., Ltd.
7.8.2 Industrial Layout
7.8.3 Development History
7.8.4 Supercapacitor Business
7.9 Jinzhou Kaimei Power Co., Ltd.
7.9.2 Industrial Layout
7.9.3 Supercapacitor Business
7.10 CAMA Jiahua (Luoyang) New Energy Co., Ltd.
7.10.2 Supercapacitor Business
7.11 Other Players
7.11.1 Jiangsu Shuangdeng Group Co., Ltd.
7.11.2 Anhui Tongfeng Electronics Co. Ltd.
7.11.3 Shenzhen Haoningda Meters Co., Ltd.
List of Charts
- Operating Principle of Supercapacitor
- Comparison between Supercapacitor, Lithium Battery, and Fuel Cell
- Classification of Supercapacitors (by Electrode Materials)
- Applications of Supercapacitor
- Global Supercapacitor Market Size and Growth Rate, 2011-2020E
- Global Supercapacitor Consumption Structure, 2016&2020E
- Major Supercapacitor Companies Worldwide, 2016
- Policies on Supercapacitor Industry in China
- Chinese Supercapacitor Market Size and Growth Rate, 2011-2020E
- Major Supercapacitor Enterprises in China, 2016
- Supercapacitor-related Listed Companies and Their Business, 2016
- Comparison between Electrode Materials for Supercapacitor
- Global Mobile Phone Sales, 2012-2020E
- Global Tablet PC Sales, 2012-2020E
- Competitive Landscape of Global Tablet PC Market, 2013-2016
- Global Laptop Computer Sales, 2012-2020E
- Global Demand for Supercapacitors from Consumer Electronics, 2015-2020E
- Global Demand for Supercapacitors from Transportation, 2015-2020E
- Global Electric Passenger Car (EV&PHEV) Sales, 2011-2020E
- Global Electric Vehicle Sales, 2010-2050E
- China’s Electric Passenger Car (EV&PHEV) Sales, 2011-2020E
- China’s Share of Global Electric Passenger Car Sales, 2011-2020E
- Development of Supercapacitor Buses in China
- CRRC’s Supercapacitor Rail Projects
- Application of Supercapacitor in Elevators
- Potential Demand for Supercapacitors from China Elevator Industry, 2016
- Global Demand for Supercapacitor from Renewable Energy, 2015-2020E
- Industrial Layout of Maxwell
- Revenue and Net Income of Maxwell, 2011-2016
- Factories and Sales Companies of NEC TOKIN in Japan
- Factories and Sales Companies of NEC TOKIN Worldwide
- Main Products and Their Applications of NEC TOKIN
- Development History of Nesscap
- Production Bases of Nesscap
- Revenue Structure of Nesscap by Region, 2013-2016
- Supercapacitor Capacity of Panasonic
- Structure of Panasonic Gold Capacitor
- Revenue and Net Income of Panasonic, 2012-2016
- Sales Outlets of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor in China
- Sales Outlets of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor Worldwide
- Development History of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor
- Supercapacitor Series and Their Properties of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor
- Energy Density of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor’s Supercapacitors
- Applications of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor’s Main Products and Major Customers
- Capacitor Output and Sales Volume of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor, 2013-2016
- Supercapacitor Development of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor
- Revenue and Net Income of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor, 2011-2016
- Revenue Structure of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor by Product, 2013-2016
- Revenue Structure of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor by Region, 2013-2016
- Gross Margin of Nantong Jianghai Capacitor’s Main Products, 2013-2016
- Supercapacitor Series of TIG Technology
- TIG Technology’s Procurement from Top 5 Suppliers and % of Total Procurement, 2013-2015
- Name List of and Procurement of TIG Technology from Top 5 Suppliers, 2015
- TIG Technology’s Revenue from Top 5 Customers and % of Total Revenue, 2013-2015
- Name List and Revenue Contribution of TIG Technology’s Top 5 Customers, 2015
- Supercapacitor Revenue of TIG Technology, 2013-2015
- Revenue and Net Income of TIG Technology, 2011-2016
- Revenue Structure of TIG Technology by Product, 2013-2015
- Gross Margin of TIG Technology, 2013-2016
- Global Distribution Network of Man Yue Technology
- Development History of Man Yue Technology
- Main Products of Man Yue Technology
- Key Production Bases of Man Yue Technology
- Revenue and Net Income of Man Yue Technology, 2011-2016
- Development History of Aowei Technology Development
- Features of Shanghai Aowei Technology Development’s Supercapacitors
- Main Supercapacitors of Shanghai Aowei Technology Development
- Applications of Shanghai Aowei Technology Development’s Supercapacitors
- Supercapacitor Series of Harbin Jurong New Power
- Application Cases and Customers of Harbin Jurong New Power’s Supercapacitors
- Supercapacitor Development of Harbin Jurong New Power
- Industrial Layout of Supreme Power Solutions
- Supercapacitor Series of Supreme Power Solutions
- Anhui Tongfeng Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Bainacap Supercapacitors Co., Ltd.
- Beijing HCC Energy Tech. Co., Ltd.
- CAMA Jiahua (Luoyang) New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Harbin Jurong New Power Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Shuangdeng Group Co., Ltd.
- Jinzhou Kaimei Power Co., Ltd.
- Man Yue Technology Holdings Limited
- NEC TOKIN
- Nantong Jianghai Capacitor Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Aowei Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Haoningda Meters Co., Ltd.
- Supreme Power Solutions Co., Ltd.
- TIG Technology Co., Ltd.