"Cigarettes in Ghana, 2017" is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Per capita consumption of cigarettes in Ghana is extremely low at only 53 pieces in 2016. Nevertheless, the market has considerable potential despite a collapse in the economy in 1999 that resulted in major economic difficulties, which have only recently been overcome. Contraband is notable, however, with estimates giving it 10% of sales. Legitimate sales in 2016 are estimated at 1,425 million pieces, down 14.2% on 1990 levels. Cigarette volumes are forecast to rise 38.9% to 1.98 billion pieces by the end of 2026. Per capita consumption is set to increase by 12.1% over the same period to 59 pieces.
- Legitimate sales in 2016 are estimated at 1,425 million pieces, down 14.2% on 1990 levels.
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Ghana dominates the market with 97% of sales in 2016.
- Other manufacturers accounted for 3% of sales in 2016 compared with 15.8% in 2008.
- In 2006, it was announced that BAT Ghana was to cease local production and, since 2007, BAT has been supplying the market from Nigeria and South Africa.
- Cigarette volumes are forecast to rise 38.9% to 1.98 billion pieces by the end of 2026.
- Per capita consumption is set to increase by 12.1% over the same period to 59 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2001-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2001-2015, %
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Cigarette Length, %, 2000-2015
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Blend, %, 2000-2015
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, %, 2000-2015
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, %, 2000-2016
Table 10: Excise Rates, 2008 & 2009, Cedi/Stick
Table 11: Retail Prices, Alcohol & Tobacco, % change, 2003-2016
Table 12: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 13: Cigarette Use by Age & Sex, 2008
Table 14: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-2006
Table 15: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2015
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 1996-2015
Table 18: Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology